Thursday, February 23, 2012

AD3, p2

I lean in over the arm rest of the Captain’s chair. An impressively dry orange planet swallows the entire viewscreen, but my eyes can't gaze away from Zoe. I knew Zoe pre-launch. She's taken. She's from my apartment complex... I saved her cat once, and we've been acquaintances ever since.

She brought me coffee and company. There's no drink like coffee. It's not the unique taste that gets me. It's dark... hot... it's isolating. It makes you sit down and take in the galaxy for a moment. A hundred years into the galactic hub, and the aliens that introduce faster than light travel can't come up with anything better than coffee. Or tea.

Zoe- So why aren’t you at the party tonight?
Commander- I pulled the short straw on duty. It’s fine, I was never much into parties. I prefer something smaller, with less people, where everyone knows each other. I’d rather get into an intelligent conversation.
Zoe looks away. I can tell she’s blocking me. She must not have many guy friends.
Zoe- So what do you think they’re doing in there?
Commander- The usual. Drinking, arm wrestling, dick measuring. You’re worried about Jake aren’t you?
Zoe- Is it that obvious? I’m trying to give him his space but it’s difficult.
Commander- Don’t worry about it, I think the only woman in that party is an android. Even if she’s got a self-cleaning semen destroyer, do you really think Jake would touch that thing after it’s been passed around?
Zoe- Yes. He’s quite horny.
Commander- Would it hurt you if he did?
Zoe- No. Well, it makes me feel… inadequate.
Commander- You’re more worried that he’s with someone else.
An urgent onscreen notification pops up on the viewscreen.
Cadet Murphy- Hey! We’ve got a situation here in the Mess Hall! The hell is that?!
Captain- Medical emergency in the mess hall! We have alien contact! Security details on the double!
Zoe- Come on! Jack’s in there!
Commander- They’re aliens. They’re probably trying to overtake the station. We need to stay here on the bridge.
Zoe- But Jack!...
I unstrap my holster and hand her my sidearm.
Commander- Just take it and go, I can find another. I'm staying here.

4 comments:

  1. Dun! Dun! DUN! What will happen next? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be able to bang the android.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what the people want! Action! Drama! Sexual tension! An AO rating that raises the probability of said tension being acted upon on-screen to 100%! Fuck YES!

    ReplyDelete