Sunday, February 3, 2013

1a7- Isabel Improved

It's always interesting to see my own art improve. Isabel is the spiritual successor to Jeanne. Jeanne was the straight-laced woman wearing a g-string underneath, trying to slip sexual innuendo behind you all the time, and Isabel is the same in this manner.

After the Isabel poll, I was surprised to see a very polarized reception for the way people surveyed on her. A lot of hate and a lot of love for her. It's always tough, because on one hand, you have to listen to the fans, but on the other hand, if all I did was listen to the fans, then all of the characters would end up looking the same. We need variation in our characters, as imperfections can make things more interesting, and we even attract a wider audience.

That being said, I still decided to concede on a few issues. The first being her breasts. They're suppose to be big, but sag. And she was the only one to sag too, so she was special. But I took that away, at least in this picture, by giving her a more form fitting top. You can tell it really squeezes on her this time around. Her face was also changed... her face is more elegant now. It's less harsh and more welcoming. I really want her to have bite and discipline, but I think we can retain this with dialogue instead.

And as for my absence, I took some time out to write instead of draw some stuff. Not always worth sharing.

9 comments:

  1. I was one of those to rate her on the lower end of the scale. However, with these new changes she's one of the best looking ones. Weird how subtle changes can make such a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a science involving a room full of naked guys and a ruler.

      *cough* oh wait, you like her now? What a relief.

      Delete
  2. This is better, the breasts especially. I figured the sagging breasts would only work with Stella from how you've developed her. She's more *ahem* "approachable". But for a dignified, discipline character like Isabel, these changes are better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked her before, but I gotta say the changes did not take away at all, atleast for me. She still looks fantastic. I liked how busty her outfit made her look before, but how tight the new blouse is, is pretty hot. Also the face looks better I feel. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still amazed at how much you've improved since I started following you (back in the days on HP lol).
    Can't wait to get my creditcard (should be in a few days), I'm one of those fuckers who's gonna pledge $400,- :)
    Looking forward to see the game on my screen lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New face is better, old boobs are better. In the new version they're about on par with all the other girls. In the old version, you were like HOLY SHIT HOW BIG ARE THOSE? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER NAKED! She was supposed to be our Svetlana. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have failed you.

      It was a tough decision. It was either:

      Old Boobs- Most people say "What the hell are those? They look horrible.", and a few guys saying "Sweet!"

      versus

      New Boobs- Most people saying "Those are good." and a few guys saying "could be better"

      I mean, I want to make the girls as different as possible, but the reception on the old breasts was just bad. So I caved.

      Delete
  6. In the future, someone must have invented a big breast serum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved old Isabel but I'm just one of many but being honest I see why you said listening to the fans my all the girls look the same she looks like the rest of the girls now and for some reason she looks younger since her breast went down

    ReplyDelete