Wednesday, April 1, 2015

4/1

Hello everyone! My name is Eric, also known as Jungl3Curr1, and I will be helping Hentaicook post blogs from now on. He is currently trying his best on his side of work to quickly finalize the final 5% of Game Assets.

I on the other hand have been slowing down my progress in programming by a bit. However, I have:

- Implemented the SoundFactory class which helps manage background music and sound effects. It only has 2 sound channels (BGM and Voice), but I may need to add more channels if necessary.
- Implemented all Alt Fire functions for all playable weapons.
- Will work on getting the 2 power buttons sorted out shortly.

(this looks like we're progressing backwards- hc)

Please note that I'm currently busy juggling some real life issues, so I may or may not get the Battle Phase of the game finished by this weekend. However, next weekend might be a possibility.

I also have made my own blog: jungl3curr1.blogspot.com

However, it doesn't have much at the moment, but keep an eye out for it, as I may post some things occassionally.

If there are any questions from me, please by all means post it and I shall reply back as soon as I can. That's all for now! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

- Jungl3Curr1

(sigh) I guess it makes more sense to go dd/mm/yyyy. - hc
waaaiit 90% of our audiences are in USA. Redacted!

9 comments:

  1. 'Ello, Eric! My name is Anonymous! =D
    Keep up the good work, aye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know this might be a tough one to answer but when do you think we will have at least a beta version of the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty for asking me that. I can't really say for certain, because we're currently not in a state where we're close to beta. But if we have smooth sailing during the production, perhaps beta state could arrive in 2-3 months. worst case scenario, 4-6 months from now.

      Delete
  3. I wish HC had gotten you on his team a lot earlier. The fact that its not close to beta means it not nearly as much progress was made all these years in development. Last year HC said there was a possibility it would be done by early 2015. It seems he was far to reliant with the previous programmer and instead of taking actions early he just waited.

    Its very appreciated that your doing all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To clear things up, when I gave an estimate of early 2015, I couldn't accurately estimate what percentage the programming was at. Getting a completion estimate when it comes to code actually requires that you dive into the code, understand what the hell's going on, and report on what's missing and how long it'll take to finish. That doesn't even account for the programmer; how quickly can this programmer do it, or how accurate is he with said estimate...

      The previous programmer told me he needed around 6 weeks to finish. He requested help with the more menial type of code work, so I thought I could shave his job down to even a fraction of that. At the time I started learning to program, I believed that all things considered, we were good on time. But as time went on, he gradually had less and less time to work on it until the point where kicking him off the team didn't even matter anymore.

      Back when I started programming, I was rushing through the tutorials just to learn only what I needed to know, and when more responsibility was placed on me, I was going back to read up on the same things that I rushed through, with lots of overlap. It was so stressful that I wouldn't even bother talking to him. I just worked on my side of things, him on his, and the plan was to just mash it all together. You'd think it'd be so simple... I mean all I had to do was just give the guy a call, and if he says it's nowhere near six weeks away, I'd just accept it and tell everyone. But the problem with that is a lack of doubt. I was busy. I couldn't be bothered to entertain the possibility that something was wrong. Nope. Everything had to be going right for this to work. When it was determined that he was just never around... I either had to completely figure things out this time around, or redesign the game so that I could do it with the limited knowledge I had. That's when shit got tough, and that's when even my assurance that I was completely working on the project was not enough.

      Was getting Eric on board the team a late reaction? Yes, but at one point in development, I could have honestly believed it was an overreaction. Eugh, fuck this post.

      Delete
    2. tbh, if I did help him a lot earlier, I may not be as much help and be as active as I am now. Timing is everything!

      Delete
    3. How long ago was it when he said he would finish in six weeks? Assuming he was with you when the game development went into full production that would be quite a while that you waited to get a proper response. Still I think you could have gotten a back up programmer much earlier in case the other couldn't do his job.

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo! The game is progressing! Great job guys :-) - Steve from Wales

    ReplyDelete