Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome.

Hi. I'm going to be posting up hourly progress on the game, so you can keep track of what's going on, if you want. Feel free to leave comments. I post every hour because I like to think of myself as a workaholic, the blog is more of a schedule really. You shouldn't look at it, lol. I've been blogging already for a long time, but just now I've decided to open it up for everyone to see.

I haven't touched this post in years. If you're reading this, then I assume you want to know where it all starts. This blog is special to me because every time I type something into it, I'm proud. It used to be because I had to work to show. Now I've come to even post the hours in which I've failed; the hours where I just sit around being lazy. But when I admit those failures, it means that I'm confident enough that I'll be able to overcome them and come out even stronger. That's why I put them on here. Sometimes it's mental fatigue. Maybe it's just the body being an ass, not allowing me to push the limits... but that's not something I have control over. Our biggest strength is our own determination.

Where does the time go? 4/9/10, this post date. I had a girlfriend at the time, 3 years. The games only get bigger. More ambition. The entire blog is older... probably reaching back to 2008, but I haven't gotten around to publicizing it.

2007-2008 Aching Dreams 1.
2008-2010 AD2
2010-2011 AD2s expansion stuff
2011-December 2014 or January 2015? The Dark Planet.

Key
10p5 = 10PM, 5 hours since I woke up.
Difficulty= The difficulty of the task, unrelated to my current state (so if I have a gunshot wound to the chest, it doesn't change the difficulty). Tracking the difficulty allows me to get a baseline on how difficult the task is for later reference when I do projects of the same type, and it allows me to select a difficulty for every hour.
Efficiency= 10/10 is a perfect 60/60 minutes worked. Bathroom breaks count as work, because I'd rather not have to type it out on the blog every time I choose to do so.

Do you want to compare your life to some weirdo hentai game developer? This is the place. Do you want an honest account, unfettered by the facebook window of deceit? Well, it's not completely honest, but it's more so than the lot you'll find out there. That, or you just want to make sure I'm making your damn game and not wasting time on personal logs that nobody will read. Enjoy, freak.

1 comment:

  1. Come back Godrifle, we miss you :-( You were the only hentai artist on NG who wrote really good, engaging stories. Plus, your stuff was creepy or gross.

    ReplyDelete