Sunday, October 20, 2013

10/20

1p0- Woke up
2p1- Did some waking up stuff
3p2- Ate some more
5p2-Had one of those bad naps where I sleep too long
6p3- Apparently had a horrible morning, but will now remedy that...


7p4- While doing #2, was reading "Human Error Processing" by Masamune Shirow. The character Azuma's sense of smell outperforms a drug dog. I think I'll steal that for Larissa, who works in a similar field as Azuma in that she's a correctional officer looking for contraband. This might lead to sexual content as well, perhaps she is used to smelling male smegma.

Spent the hour familiarizing self with tools.

8p5-
Initial impressions on tool adjustments:
I've wanted to remain open on new things, and learning new things might help. Vector does help with curved lines, but I've already been using vector to assist in curved lines in the past. The difference is that this time, by going completely vector, the vector will have better quality (looks better when animated, improved download size), but not necessarily better on time to create. Wide shapes are better created in vector, but more complex shapes like the eye are better done with a pixel type brush. Modifications to line are much easier done in pixel as well, and anyone that's seen my pencil drawings and finished drawings will notice I do a *lot* of modifications compared to most artists.

Best COA is to continue this animation in this direction until it is done to better understand results of method. 

9p6-
Discussed vector possibilities with Nathan. After much deliberation, we've decided to just leave *some* things to vector (things with high morphology). We'll test it one step at a time.

10p7-
Tested animation stuff

11p8-
Testing out shape hints and tweens. It doesn't seem to work...almost though. Man I'm getting carried away with this...

12p9-
Was successful in morphing a breast. It should have a better morphing distortion effect rather than the sliding we've had in the past, so animations should visually benefit from here.

1a10- Working well on Isabel, adding lots of goodies
Pretty gross! But pretty!
2a11-
Added all this stuff to Isabel, and now packing it up.

3a12
Hmm, this one did not change much from the drawing.

4a13-
Working on VeronicaGunPose

5a14
Still working on Veronica. I want to finish this picture quickly... but yeah I'm only half way done with her.
6a15
The rest of this assignment looks too easy, I'll save it for another time. Switching over to Olga.
The gun poses are where I can be a bit more stylistic with the poses...


6:30a15.5
Last half an hour and I'm falling over like a brick.

3 good things that happened to me today...
3. I'm more familiar with a few tools. 
2. I got a cool pose out of Veronica.
1. I worked with a very good amount of concentration. Discipline is a muscle, and this muscle is very strong.

1 comment: