Thursday, September 4, 2014

9/4

9/3-
1p0- Woke. No sleep.
5p4- Got home from a dental appointment. I go to a dental school and get practiced on by newbs. It fits the hentai game dev budget. It's the beginning of the school year and this student flat out sucks. She stabbed me on accident. I asked her what she likes to do for fun, and she said she has kids. Fun? Ain't nobody got time for dat. It's a stressful environment where their teachers chew them out in front of me in a passive aggressive manner. Of all my years going there, Heather was my favorite. She was far from perfect, but she sustained herself through a fun and perky attitude. We joked around a lot. I told her that she reminded me of Buttercup from the Power Puff Girls. I based Terra's personality off of her.
6p5- Attempted to sleep. Failed.
7p6- Played games. Went back to sleep.
And that's a wrap for 9/3, because of my irregular sleeping schedule. 6h day.

9/4-
Few days ago, was testing an AD3 related program. It was compiling just fine and then strangely enough, the next time I tried to compile it with the exact same code, it wouldn't compile it anymore. I've been studying programming without actually typing any code into the compiler because I was trying to fix it at the same time, but I should've swallowed my pride and formatted already. The worst part was the lingering doubt in my mind that it wasn't a computational fault, but my own human error in the code.

Must be weird for a customer to hop on here and think "any progress updates?", and I'll say "yeah, the whole team has been really productive. It took me two days to format. Also, I have a cute dentist".

12a0- Woke up. 5h. Fuck sleep, I gotsta make h-games.
1a1- Internetted. Scheduled appointment with an ISP tech to come look at the internet connection.
2a2- Ate.
3a3- Managed to borrow a secondary laptop for coding purposes. Finished setting it up. Got my morning journal writing tendencies out of the way.
Difficulty 1/10 Efficiency 5/5
4a4- Studied. Rewrote some of the main event story. The story in question is the player's first day. Before, the story started off in media res, due to average player's tendency to skip the beginning text. If we can quickly impress the player, the player would feel more obligated to invest time into reading the story, so we wanted to impress the player by showing combat very early on. Since I'm working on an additional trailer, I'm going back to redo and heavily extend the introduction. Think of it as the kickstarter trailer, where the
Difficulty 6/10 Efficiency 10/10
5a5- Continued rewriting.
Difficulty 4/10 Efficiency 10/10
6a6- Searched for and pinged voice actresses.
Difficulty 1/10 Efficiency 10/10
1p13- Worked on securing the cast list for 7 hours.
Difficulty 1/10 Efficiency 10/10
11p13- Woke up, 7h.
12a14- Internetted.
1a15- Chatted with friend.
2a16- Exercised.
3a17- Ate.
4a18- Ate.
5a19- Looked into more voice acting stuff.





8 comments:

  1. How is the voice acting coming along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Good. I'm going to decline to answer this in detail, Anonymous. I'm onto you.

      Delete
    2. But how did you know I was sleeping with them?

      Delete
  2. You're sleeping with all of them? How many VAs are there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not all of them at the same time, eugh. The details are a private matter, and I will reserve the right to be evasive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of all this voice acting can I voice the main character? You don't even have to pay me XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks. When AD2 came out, I wasn't confident about doing the role of Player myself. I thought it would have been egotistical to place myself in my own game. With AD3, I came up with a target voice for the Captain to have, and then I started training for the role by changing my voice into his voice whenever I spoke around women. Now women compliment me for my voice. On taking the role for AD3, I may be egotistical, but I'm actually confident now that I can perform the role well. One thing I regret for AD3 is putting in so many characters. I don't want to make my future games as big, so I'd consider AD3 my magnum opus. And for the magnum opus to feel completed to me, I'd have to voice the role. Due to the reasons stated above, the only way I'd accept a different voice actor for the Captain is if the other voice actor was significantly better than me, with all factors considered (previous experience, how women enjoy his voice, directing him, and if he could take on such a lengthy script). I'm not putting out a casting call for the Captain, but for future games, I definitely will step out of the way.

      Delete
  5. Good this I believe self esteem is overrated for me and I don't believe it's egotistical I wanna do the same thing if I ever get to do my dream of directing anime and games from my own company but besides all that I was mainly joking though being a voice in the game would help with my experience since it seems likely I will be voicing in another game soon anyway so hey if you ever have a role open and you don't want to pay to fill it I volunteer no matter how long the script is

    ReplyDelete