Sunday, March 22, 2015

3/22

6a0- Woke. Yesterday was a day that I'd been putting off for a long time. I threw a party. I called it the "Almost Done" party. "Almost done" isn't really a milestone, but if the party wasn't now, I may not ever be able to celebrate AD3 (not because I wouldn't finish mind you, but because everybody would die of old age). Yes, I took your hard earned backer money, and bought all my IRL friends a sushi buffet meal. Could not even confirm that the bill was under the double digits, however, since they hid the bill from me. Played Battlestar Galactica, my favorite board game. Good to dust off the old game box and spend time with friends.

I guess if you were a backer, you might find it odd reading how I spend money. Do I really need to spend $80 on celebrations to finish the game? No. You could argue that the time spent actually detracts from the game, but I don't feel at all irresponsible. That's why it's a bit weird that people want transparency when it comes to how backer money is spent. You wouldn't want the creator to go to Vegas and gamble it all away, but what if he spends 90% of your money on Vegas and manages to deliver his product with the remaining 10%? Who knows/cares as long as he delivers.
7a1- Exercised a little bit. Internetted.
8a2- Ate.
9a3- Ate.
10a3- Woke from nap.
11a4- Got to work on story, going over a few things I didn't like.
1p6- More proofreading.

4 comments:

  1. So where are you at for the coding? Half way? Don't mind waiting or whatever you do with the money. Your very fortunate you received a lot of money for this kind of project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental state is important for production just as much as production itself. If you aren't taking the time for you, then you aren't doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Support boobs in games! It might be hard to whip something simple in 2 days, but it could be good PR.

    http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/03/boob-is-life-game-jam-wants-to-celebrate-boobs-in-gaming/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I wonder if anyone is making a Boob Simulator where you're a pair of tits. I think the only action you'd have is lactate. You can choose difficulty, like breast cancer. It'd be in the perspective of the breasts, so you wouldn't even see any boobs, most of the time, you only ever see a bra floating away from the camera (since the bra is considered a blindfold).

      Yup, not sure where I was going with that.

      Delete