Thursday, January 17, 2013

4P1 Courtroom Drama

Woke up at 3p... working on the animation and my script for the Space Courtroom Drama. I think the last time I saw a Sci-Fi Courtroom Drama was in Star Trek The Next Generation, with Captain Picard arguing for Data's sentience and rights as a sentient being. Fortunately for Picard, he was dealing with Starfleet, a primarily human faction. The survivors of the Dark Planet will be facing against other beings of the Galactic Society, so things won't be so easy. Fortunately for me, it also means I can fudge a lot of legal terms because we're dealing with an alien courtroom, not our own. Isabel heads the prosecution. Her very character design is based off the character to the left, Sarah MacKenzie from JAG, who btw is sa-ha-moking hot.

The trial is 'The Dark Planet vs.  Oh My SpaceGirl Survivor!'

A new TV show has surfaced, called "Oh My SpaceGirl Survivor!". It features another part of the Iacchus Space Station, where Commander Tenchi has his own group of survivors- all underaged schoolgirls (and one older teacher that looks basically as young as them too). The new show is not only copying The Dark Planet, it is also causing viewership migration.

 Prosecution (The Dark Planet) accuses the defense of copyright infringement, and false claims on their show (just as Dark Planet advertises itself as a real reality show, OMSGS(oh my spacegirl survivor) does this as well.) OMSGS features computer generated imagery with fake aliens.

The case looks inward towards human conflict to find precedence of the handling of copying ideas from other shows, at one point calling in Terra (the green alien girl), as a 130 year old witness to the events of the destruction of Bollywood (While China is destroyed for crimes against humanity, India is destroyed for Bollywood).

Judge Lucas- The Prosecution may begin.
Lieutenant Isabel- Your Honor, the-
Audience- Oooohh... (groans of dissatisfaction)
Isabel- Is it something I said or did?... Um, allow me to confer with my associates, your Honor.
Audience- Ooooooohhh (more groans)
Terra whispers to Isabel- You can't call him Your Honor. You have to be really flamboyant about how you address him, like "His Sexcellency" or "My master".
Isabel- Okay, so which one should I use?
Terra- No, you actually have to call him a different prestigious title every single time you address him.
Isabel's jaw drops.
Terra- And if you make a mistake like right now, it's customary to take off an article of clothing as an apology to the Judge.
Isabel's jaw falls off her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment