Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10th's Progress

1:30-2:00 Yesterday, my friend took me out to a bar for some New Divisions and Interpol music. No, they were not actually there. There was one time I went out with this man and I talked to a woman who was fairly unattractive. He criticized my selection in women. "C'mon, you can do better??" I felt embarrassed last time, but this time in the car I told him differently.

I told him that even though I make the main focus of my games to be beautiful women, in real life I actually prefer mind over body. The lowest number I would date would be a 3 out of 10. This baffled him. At such low numbers, what would even be the point of courting a woman? "Girlfriends are similar to friends, except you are attracted to them." To this, I somewhat agree. I can feel attracted to a woman's mind. I can also feel a loving connection to a woman, like kissing, and I cannot have this with a male. It is hard to describe in today's society without looking desperate, but I am simply not discriminating.

So we're at the bar. We sit at the booth next to two lovely ladies. Perhaps in my friend's mind there is only one lovely lady. He is...unlucky at love. Sure, I might feel at times miserable about not being in a relationship, but the last relationship he had was back in high school. He is talking to me only. I am *trying* to make eye contact with our lovely neighbors but it is difficult. Their eyes escape me. I know he wants the beautiful gazelle. It's time to be a wingman. So up from the seat I go, and walk over there and talk to the uglier one. It's exhilarating. It's like jumping. You've already committed and now you have to land. For some guys, this act is second nature.

My way of breaking the ice is direct. I simply walk up and say "Good evening ladies. I am Michael. And you are?". There be many a webpage on what to do to break the ice. There has to be some sort of circumstance or you can compliment something she's wearing or have some sort of pickup line. I do not want to mislead a woman. My way of breaking the ice is to politely and directly inform them that I am interested in having a conversation with them.

She is a graphic designer. Wasn't terribly interesting with no hobbies to speak of. No interest in my part. Her friend and my friend however, were chatting it up. So good for him. He thanked me afterwards, and I told him that I will forever be his loyal wingman.

And so the night went on. He got the cold shoulder from that woman eventually, which really broke his heart because they shared such similar interests. I talked to an asian woman, but it turns out she was waiting for a guy (and he did show, lol). I talked to another woman, but I think her friend was so displeased at my friend that her friend shooed themselves from us. Her friend was certainly uncomfortable after my friend said "Hey...I've said hi to you like 5 times and I guess you didn't hear me". Indeed.

Overall I feel that going to a bar or a show is like an adventure. The end goal is not necessarily sex. Making new platonic friends is great, but not required (yet rare, most of the people that go out usually have no interests of any kind). Going to those places allows me to mix in with new people that are more or less welcome to be spoken to. Have a good conversation or just enjoy a drink.

Conventions are where it's at. At a bar, you can ask a girl- "What do you like to do?" and the typical answers you get are "Um. This. I work too." (that's a serious answer I've received). At a convention, you'll get "I like video games/anime/reading, hobby x, something you've never heard of". It's just that conventions are really expensive to go to.

The date for the DLC for AD2 draws near. It is ,as the community calls , it "crunch time". I will be working from now on. No play. No exercise. Eat, Work, Sleep, until this thing is finished.

Have you played Bonetown or Bonecraft?
No, but I have done research on bonetown without having played it.

The look of the women are no good, in my opinion. It's an interesting matter and its own subject because taste is relative to one's own taste, yet there is also an unquantifiable average of mainstream taste that every artist must be aware of.

While one can appreciate a specific style or fetish, it is the artist's responsibility to make sure that he is stretching his artistic ability to encompass a large audience by listening to his peers or even the peers that do not speak.

It is an ongoing debate with our Aching Dreamers "oh they should have big breasts like in 2", but there's multiple factors when it comes to something as simple as breast size.

It seems to me that the artist of bonetown does not try to mix it up. I feel that their whole team looks at the art, and they say "it's good", without really honestly being able to say "it's hot". A programmer on their team would not be able to vocally say "dude these chicks look ugly", because of his position and lack of experience as an artist.

A good example of this would be Jill Valentine from Resident Evil Revelations. When her first version came out, the public universally agreed that she visually looked very ugly. Think about that. A character's face was generally agreed upon by the whole game team to be game worthy, and it took the whole fan community to convince them that she was actually ugly! Capcom went back and did change her face eventually.

I've had people tell me my girls are ugly. What does it mean? Does it mean that those people have a specific fetish? Do they like underage girls? Is it because the breasts are really too large for them??

Back to bonetown. It is MY PERSONAL opinion, that the ladies in bonetown are ugly. I also think that lolicon is unattractive as well, but the entire country of Japan disagrees with me.

Other then that I have little to say about Bonetown. I hate drugs, but Bonetown likes drugs, so not my cup of tea there. I think it's really weird that they emphasize violence but emphasize not killing people. I just hope the next time I hit you over the head with a monkey wrench that it doesn't kill you.

1 comment:

  1. If people say your girls are ugly, they are either:
    1. trolling (90%)
    2. unpleasable (10%)
    You know what they say, if you try to please everybody, you'll end up pleasing nobody. You should make sure your core audience is happy (i.e. the big tit lovers) before you try to please anyone else.

    ReplyDelete