Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7th's Progress

1:30 to 4:30- Restless night. I had a dream that I woke up at 3:30. I ran. That one girl I said hi to yesterday, her car wasn't parked, so I realized I wasn't going to see her today. I was really hungry when I got back so I ate and skipped the rest of my exercises. I got a few new ideas for my story along the run. They're just ideas though. Ate my mom's cooking. She put a suspicious looking meat morsel in there. I did not eat it. I bought some candy from Sam the Ice Cream man. "Hey, have you ever heard of that kid that choked on a choco taco and died?", I'd ask him. He said no and laughed about it. He's getting old. Too old to drive around. He's still driving but he's getting close to the end of the road. I'm buying more from him. I use to buy from him daily when I was single. Now I'm single again. Being single makes me want ice cream. I use to run when I was single too. I guess being single makes me want to improve myself. Back to work.

4:30-5- Maybe it's time to be a recluse. I mean it's basically how I've been living the past few weeks. I have to pay my car insurance bill soon. I realize if I don't pay it, I'm basically shutting myself off from the world. Let's look at the pros and cons.

Pros-
-Saves a lot of money, about $600.
-Fully concentrate on work.
-I barely ever go anywhere anyway since I work entirely at home.
-Friends will still come over once a week.

Cons-
-No going to conventions and meeting people. (these actually cost a lot more money due to hotels/sleeping in the car or gas)
-No dates. Not even bad dates.
-Groceries are harder to pick up (just ask mom to drive me)
-Nothing to look forward to other than the completion of the game.

I don't know. Maybe I need this. I know I need more time to think about it. Throwing away insurance is like locking myself up in a cell.

8- I am watching Inglorious Bastards and working on Carmen. I'm really hungry, and that's probably because I've been exercising so much. I don't have any food around the house though. Gonna go out and get stuff. I need to improve myself. No more stupid dates. Why would I want a woman to date me, if I wouldn't even want to date myself? I want to become a knowledgeable, experienced, accomplished, and independent man. Knowledge and Accomplishment is this year's goal. Locking myself in a room for a year can be a very healthy thing, depending on the point of view. Some people do it to play WOW. I'm doing it to get my life back on track.

Time to get some gross eyries.

8-10: Grreeeat. Unplugged my computer with my toes. Yes. I'm sitting comfortably with my toes outstretched and hitting the wall, and the damn little digits decide to unplug my computer's power strip. There goes a few hours down the drain. Okay, I do hit save regularly, but this time apparently I didn't, and I hate autosave and I hate myself.

10-12: I'm getting sidetracked here. I thought that I could work on the story for AD3 and the art for ad2 at the same time, because... well... the art is easy to do. The story for AD3 is very involving though!

There's a theme of leadership in the game, because you are the Captain. You're having to make choices that don't really affect the game but instead affect how characters feel about you. For instance, if there was a victim that needed intense medical care, but it was unrealistic to expect him to recover, would you
A)Keep him alive at all costs, including our resources, in the hopes that we find equipment
B)Kill him yourself and end his suffering
C)Keep him alive, but not at all costs

Different characters have varied opinions on how they want you to answer this, so while it might feel like a big deal, honestly it's just +5 or -5 points from each character's affection level when you select a choice.

This is different from AD2 in two ways- The first one is easy to see, that decisions affect the crew instead of single characters. The second impact is that affection levels actually carry throughout the game instead of on a per mission basis. Yep, in AD2, Carmen does not care at all what you did in Mission 1, as long as you got to Mission 2.

12:40- Hmm.. How do we get more hits for AD2... I'm trying to get hentai websites to take my game and it's a lot harder than you'd think. Just straight up emailing them and they don't really care (or speak english).

Popping a google search for hentai flash games will get you that one gamesofdesire website. There's a very small number of hentai flash game sites I'll respect. Actually I think the only one I can respect is newgrounds. All of their hentai content is user made content (or tries to be). All these other websites are simply stealing other people's work and putting it on their sites for profit. Gamesofdesire takes it to another step by ripping from real artists in Japan and making games out of them. For profit.

So the problem is that AD2's not making enough money as I want it to. We can deal with this by either having websites pick it up, or... making my own hentai flash game portal. Eugh. But then the only purpose of that would be to make profit. Sure, I can turn hentaicook.com into a super sleazy site with tons of games that I took from people, and that way I'd get a lot of hits and finally show up on google. I'd even run it differently by having no ads. But that's work I don't want to be devoting my time to. Or maybe I could make a flash portal site where only user submitted content would be used!...eugh...no... I'm practically the only guy who does it without ripping material anyway...

The lesson is: Google is a bitch.

2 comments:

  1. Let's have a look into www.hongfire.com. Not much flashgames but info about japanese Hentai games and movies. Or visit aniDB.net for more inspiration from animes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bro. Hope all is going well. Been a while since I saw a fresh post. With all you have going on, just wanted you to know that you got 1 fan at least that is genuinely hoping you are ok and that your life has improved.

    ReplyDelete