Saturday, March 3, 2012

Carmen and Jeanne- Next Week!

Yep, I'll be working hard to deliver this to you by next week.


Reduced voice acting is fine. Just make it like in the early Bioware games when only the characters' important scenes are voiced. Namely, when they are first introduced, during the important plot points, whenever there is a flirty/sexy/seductive line, and most importantly, during the fuck scenes.

-Anonymous


The most important part is the most difficult part. The sex scenes are pretty much when real women drop out of the project. It's too demanding. The MAIN problem with the voice acting was that they'd finish all the main quests, and then when the time came to sex act, they'd disappear.

Now I want YOUR thoughts about this.

What would you rather have?
A) A fully voiced game with a wide selection in voice acting but NO sex voice acting
B) A not so fully voiced game with limited selection in voice acting but sex scenes included
C) Just 20 minutes of dialogue from each actress, with 4 minutes of that being sex dialogue.


It's time to come out with what the hell went wrong AD2's voices. I started taking auditions for AD2 when AD2 was basically done. I think this was basically one or two months before the game was released. The reason for this is that I wanted to time the auditions as best as possible- The game was almost finished and VERY playable so that the actresses would have full confidence I would finish.

Sienna's and Beatrice's are saved on my harddrive. That's all I could secure. Jessica/Jeanne's VA's work was never finished, and never will be because.... well she broke up with me (shrug). While I did get a few to sign up, I could never really secure a Talia (and to be honest her lines are really hard to deliver). I secured a Carmen but DNF.

For AD3 I'd rather go with A. I haven't reached a final decision about it, but IMO the decision should be the ones that nets the most actresses.

14 comments:

  1. In response to your question I would vote for B first and C second. Ultimately only you know how many actresses/voices you can come up with but voice acting for the sex scenes adds to the enjoyment and would bring in more people IMO. Something like the BJ scene with Orianna in AD2 would be awesome. I would even say having one or two actresses voice multiple parts would work. IMO I would overlook the voices sounding similar for what they would add. Thanks for including what happened with the voices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orianna's VA is NEVER coming back, lol (yup she was also Jeanne and Jessica). I'll put it this way, off the top of my head, there are only two reliable voice actresses to do option B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean I can find more, but it's a crapshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is just my opinion but having two actresses voice the sex scenes for all five characters would work for me. I can understand you might not want to compromise on something you're putting so much time and effort into though. I would guess that even subpar VA for the sex scenes would bring in more people to buy the game but that's only a guess. And even though the VA for Orianna was great I'm sure other actresses will do just as well if not better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever works for you so long as the sex scenes are voiced. The promise of voiced sex scenes was 60% of my purchase decision on the game. Even if you can only find voice work for just the sex scenes and not the dialogue that's fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems I'm not the only one who has a fetish for hearing girls talk dirty and moan! I guess it shouldn't be that surprising given how many phone sex commercials they show on TV late at night. There must be tons of dudes who love that shit. Anyways B or C would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ideally? B.
    Realistically? A.

    And consider this if it helps any, I'm sure some people have their own interpretations of how characters should sound. While you may not necessarily hear them speaking in-game, you can always imagine how they sound like, and subjectively might be the best voice for the character. It worked out fine in AD1, and for most of AD2, so I wouldn't count it as too much of a loss without it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try hitting up this site for recruitment:
    http://voiceacting.proboards.com/
    I've seen hentai projects posted there before. Honestly I think it comes down to compensation and work load. Nobody is going to go for it if its not much pay for a huge script. Since you plan on reducing the amount of voice acting, you'll have a more attractive workload-to-pay ratio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I forgot to add one more thing. You probably should pay them like half of what you're offering when they are halfway through recording and the other half when they are done so they don't run away. Or maybe 30% then 70%.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd prefer B or C. Male voice acting is not needed at all, as we're used to having no voices for men in japanese games. I do think the girls should say a bit initially or it might be jarring later when they do talk (since we had to make up the voice in our heads previously.)

    It might be wise also have work-arounds in the writing so you don't have to rely on spoken dialogue. Obviously, relationship related scenes can't be scrimped on in a "dating" game. But in action scene, instead of needing her to cry out in pain if her arm gets grazed by a bullet, you could describe that action instead. You could also use text-related means to convey large chunks of the girl's back story instead of having her tell you. Being the future, I imagine texting, chating, e-mails and other forms of electronic communication will be more prevalent. Can work on a story level, too. Maybe you have to snoop around to find something she won't tell you. Or maybe she has something to convey that is too painful to say in person.

    Sorry for going on for so long. Just trying to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spoken dialogue is extremely important to me, voiced or not. Besides, the problem isn't the mission to mission talking, it's the actual sex acting.

    On male voice acting, I will be the main male character this time around. Don't like it? Turn it off. I did voice AD2 at one point during a beta, but I quickly replaced myself as to not be egotistical about it. I settled with a different male actor, but even then I'm not as satisfied and I should have just been doing it myself. I think it's within Japanese culture to not have a male voice actor. From what I can tell, they're very sexist over there and demean women. Finally, I'd enjoy doing it, and we don't have any data on what would happen if I DID do it, so, here I go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely vote B. Voiced sex scenes are really important to me and I think any game would be losing something without them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tbh I prefer a silent protagonist in terms of voice acting for this sort of thing, but the written dialogue flows very nicely and I do really like to have that there, but hearing another guy's voice, especially during the sex scenes is annoying for me.

    That said, I'd probably do any voice acting for this for free anyway, love these games.

    ReplyDelete