Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5th's Progress

Good evening.

12:30-5 I woke up pretty late, but it doesn't really matter when I wake up. As long as there's still some sun up. I did my exercises, used that funky resistance band, ate, showered, took a nap. And that took 4 hours. Okay so there was probably one hour of looking on the internet. I can't help but be a wikifiend sometimes. Vietnamese cuisine. They cook batteries with the food to achieve a greenish color. These are the people that use banana leaves as a food storage method. They also eat dogs in Vietnam, but I'm cool with that. I wouldn't treat them with a higher amount of respect than a cow, but I guess they're awfully cute.

Maybe I should use Zombie Dogs instead of Zombie Babies in AD3. Hmm.... Well, the zombie babies have a little lore behind them. You see, the aliens control the humans and can make them reproduce to create cannon fodder AKA babies. Then again babies are not very threatening, even if it was an alien mind controlled baby. Maybe it's better off as dogs. Can't have em both in, because they kind of mechanically serve the same purpose.

5-6: Working on a boobie animation.

6-8: Slacking off here and there. I'd love to get Street Fighter X Tekken... or Mass Effect. However, I will not get either because I have a lot of work to do and do not have the money. FML.

8-3: Didn't work much today apart from animating Jeanne. Talked to a girl. Very meh. Helped my friend out with his D&D character. The end!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Its really great to see that you've been really productive lately- Not only on Aching Dreams, but watching that good old classic Sci-Fi as well. I want to know, though, are you still going to be creating the 'Catherine' scene after the Carmen/Jeanne scene? Or has she been scrapped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a technical problem. I uhh... oh man this is going to be rough.

    Okay so most of the content on Catherine's end is finished and has been finished for ages. She was one of the first characters I worked on. The main problem is that I cannot update the main flash anymore. Voice acting, on a technical level, is not affected because it is stored in a different flash. However, adding in more frames is nigh impossible (for my level of programming and the big hole my cowboy programming has dug me into). That and I can't even touch the thing. The guy at andrograde was like "hey, put this into the flash", and then we tried doing that, only it took 3000 tries and many hours to put in. When we finally DID put it in, the flash file won't even SAVE.

    Okay, so it's technically not possible for me to throw it into the main game. I could make it a separate flash file, but it's just that her character is so different on a story level that it requires the game to enjoy it. She has a very short story, and I'll give you the gist of it here.

    You see Catherine in your room. She's on her way out, picking up the trashcan behind her. (Did people back then even really have trashcans?...I don't think they had wrappers). She does this every once in a while as a RANDOM encounter. You're suppose to stop her and tell her you want her to stay longer. You can ask for the special service, and basically she just puts some fruits into the room. For MORE service, she'd ask you to get a bunch of expensive equipment for her to polish. She's very suggestive while she says this btw, so you end up buying a lot of weapons. And then... she agrees to have sex but I forgot why. I'd have to look through my notes, heh. So as you can see, her character is deeply rooted not by story, but by game mechanics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see your everyday life. Your "guts" as it were. Without outright telling us,we find out a bit about you the person,as well as the artist.
    Keep it up,great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you make another flash that uses the same ownership check as AD2S proper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea. I didn't work on the unlock technology.

    ReplyDelete