Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6th's Progress

I have an important announcement to make.

Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken are now released.
I will not be playing these games.

12:30-2: Talked to some people online, did my "online" routine. My female dungeons and dragons player's mom has health issues, so she's not playing my game anymore. While the Dungeon Master (me) makes the backbone of the game, you could say she's the front bone. She was the party face, and the penis of the group. She is undeniably attractive to me, but a relationship would not work out for either of us. Apparently I just admitted that I'm attracted to penises.

Now we've got 3 players + 1 that doesn't show up, and all of them do not have a clue of what to do in level 12. Some of you guys are like "well it can't be that hard right?"... It's actually a lot harder than most of your computer rpgs. At least in CRPGs, you can click something and hope it'll work. In D&D, at level 12, you have to have a very firm grasp of what you're doing so that the game doesn't stall. Without her...it's gonna stall.

2-2:35- I ran. I met three people on today's run. Old asian lady sweeping. Mexican guy making a round dropping off flyers. Does he look suspicious? Yes, at first glance. I mean he's walking up to people's houses. He's got a little sack. What if he had a gun in there? He's 5'6", heavy set but not fat, 175 lbs, mustache, wearing brown shirt, gray pants, brown cap backwards, eyes are slightly farther than normal. He's carrying slightly oversized business cards. What if he's just using it to get close to your house and check how unguarded it is? Any dogs? And just what is a good time to rob you, ma'am?... Or he's just a man trying to get on with his landscaping business. People hate you when you're poor.

Last lap. Met a white girl! YES. MET. Our eyes met. I was the black stallion galloping against the cold wind to her homestead. She was entering her wagon, unable to hide the furtive smile while she viewed the toned muscles that made the trotting beats against the clear pavement.

"Afternoon", the Black Stallion neighed.

"Hello", she replied and smiled.

I kept running.

Let me guess here... she owns a car. It's obvious her parents bought it for her. She had chopsticks in her hair because she's working on school. She's 21. She looks Irish. She's embarrassed because she's obviously not prepared to meet someone, she's just getting something out of the car. She's smiling at me because she loves me and wants to have kids with me and grow old with me forever and ever.

It's cool. I kept running because she lives there. She's not going anywhere. It's good that I didn't stop. This is the relationship we'll have. I'll say hi again tomorrow, except I'll start a conversation.

"Hey. Are you a student?"

No, that's bad. Hard to relate because I'm not in school.

"Hi. I'm Michael. May I ask you what your name is, my dear?"

"I'm _____."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'd shake your hand but mine isn't in the most sanitary condition."

And then I'll say I live over a few doors away, I've been watching her through my window every night, I've tapped her phone line and read all her instant messages, all that jazz.

2:35 to 3:00- I wrote all the above.

3-8: Been working sparingly on JeanneTF. I'm really not sure what to do about my female friend leaving the group. I actually spent about 40 minutes on a new character to take her place that I'd control... and then I figured I'd call up on the two guys that haven't sent in their characters yet. Eugh. It's not looking good, I basically only have two other guys showing up for the game tomorrow, so I'm thinking about cancelling D&D forever. These guys are just too flaky.

8-9: Almost done preparing JeanneTF for animating, and then I can actually animate it.

9-12: I'll be finished with Jeanne by tonight. Also I totally excuse my slowness because I have a skype date tomorrow. She's a wonderful woman living some hundred miles away. Now I know for sure I have to cancel on my friends.

12-3: Not done with Jeanne yet. Let's see here.. I said C+J would be released next week, and that's coming up soon.

Later Today- Work on and finish CarmenHJ, JeanneTF, clean up CJSex2
Thursday- CJSex2 Finish
Friday- CJTF Finish
Saturday- Hobby Day. Need to get out at least once a week, so this will be it.
Sunday- Write out the story (plot details are finished and in my head), put it all in a nice little flash.
Monday- Release day
Tuesday- Actual release day.

3-5: Fucking Finished. And it's a good piece of work if I do say so myself... Hoohoo! Ahh hope I don't sleep too long.

4 comments:

  1. Hey HC, didn't know you were into Dnd! I haven't played it myself, but my girlfriend has told me a lot about it. It sounds like a really awesome game I want to try someday. I encourage you to stay with it or put it on hold until you can find some more dedicated players but don't give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's stopping you and your girlfriend from playing it?

    I think I'm going to have to cancel indefinitely until I find another player, but I don't feel like actually looking. I want to get this game out quickly, and yeah D&D, especially preparing, can take a long time to do. Maybe too much cutting into my work on AD2/3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time factor's definitely an obstacle. There just hasn't been much time to get into it. Between work and uni there's not a whole not of time left to dedicate to something like that - from what I understand of the game so far it's a pretty big commitment. I'm hoping things will ease up after I graduate though, so that might be a good time for us to look into it - I'm definitely interested in it. Don't know what kind of character I'd want to make yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really said this, but most of the characters you train with in AD2 are actually D&D characters in a hentai D&D campaign I use to run.

    It's basically 5 hours a week in person, and a few hours to make your character every once in a while at your convenience.

    ReplyDelete