Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16

5:10PM- Woke up

...Couldn't you have some sort of fancy device that casts some sort of force field like projection around the user that shields them from harmful solar rays. Or something. Sorry, not much of a sci-fi writer.


The solar ray shields are too large to be portable in AD3. The crew will go down to the surface of Iacchus in AD4. The miners DO have town ray shields, but these are huge and dome like with a metal bar infrastructure holding it up. The smallest you can have these shields are at a vehicle level. The space station does not have these shields because you can simply close the shutters, which is recommended against harmful cosmic rays.

So I COULD make it portable, but I don't want it to be that easy for our crew.

7:30- Got back from running. I ran past a lovely smelling house. Some sorta food. I hadn't had breakfast all day. I smelled it from two houses away. A kid was eating out on the lawn, and there were a bunch of cars around this feast. I said "smells good", and he said "Yeah, really good!". He was Vietnamese, like me.

A few laps later... I decided to walk up to their house and ask em. An authoritative figure came to the door, not the kid I first talked to. He asked me what I wanted, and I asked him if he could spare some food. I was very polite about it, but he refused. He interrogated me... Are you from around here? And I told him I lived right over there. He kept saying "That's cool", as if he wanted to diffuse the situation. He said I couldn't come in. I told him I wasn't asking to come in. He asked me if I knew anybody here. I told him that it just smelled really good. And you could see right into their window, they had a LOT of food. But that's not what this is about. So I while I was walking away, the kid explained to the man about how I was jogging and how we had a five word conversation.

The kid is innocent. He knows nothing of evil politicians, rapists, or good Samaritans. The Man... refused me. I ran this through my head before I even asked them. If he says yes, I get a good meal. If he says no, then we'd both learn something from the experience. Now, he looks like an asshole in front of his kid. People use to not lock their doors. People use to lend cups of sugar, NEVER to be returned!! But now, he has taught this kid to be weary of thy fellow neighbor.

Did I learn to not trust people? No. Not everyone is as mistrusting as he is. Just keep being nice to strangers... and either I'll get killed for it, or the World will become just a little better.

That, and I'm really sick of this expired food that I'm eating.

10PM
Been drawing nudes, eating. Stopped watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I went on a date with a girl a few months ago. I went into her room, and she told me she was a big fan of Hunter S. Thompson. She even painted the Fear and Loathing's iconic Johnny Depp symbol. So I gave the film a try. I'm halfway through it, but I really can't stand it. It's pointless so far. There are themes of chasing an American Dream, but it's quickly stopped by these drug antics. I can't really receive a new perspective on drugs when they're just so alien to me.

The art society is archaic. Science is the opposite. Sure, we'll admire and even learn from old scientists on how they did things, but at the end of the day you have to go forward in science. In art, people look backwards and try to act backwards. Why do artists draw naked people? What's the point? I believe it to be beneficial personally, but people rarely stop to ask what the point of these exercises are, when they're not backed up by scientific proof.

There's things in art that people still do, blindly following masters of old. Contour drawings are where you take a pencil and "trace" a body without looking at the paper. In theory, this helps you observe and make note of the little "bumps" on the body. This practice exercise was thought up by a madman named Nicolaides. He died before he could make a book, so his students posthumously gathered up his notes and made a book on it. And that's why Contour drawings are popular.

It's impossible to measure the effects of learning Contour drawings. All we have are theories. Still, Nicolaides taught a valuable lesson that I agree with: You should learn how to learn how to draw. While I'm excited that I'm learning to draw again, with an end goal of being able to make good Hentai Games.

4AM- Been working on Elaine's clothing, different emotional faces for Elaine, and Elaine's story.

This is my second day drinking tea. I've been off Coca-Cola for a week, with one accidental "relapse" when I asked for coffee on that one date I went on.

Writing a story, I mean a dating sim story, has been very positive for me. I would describe the characters in AD2 as mostly hollow. I like Jeanne, Beatrice, and Talia, but they're not very grounded in reality. This might be because Player himself lacked character.

So starting fresh feels great. It's going to be 3 months since I broke up with Ashley pretty soon, and I've dated or had some sort of connection with... lets see... B, D, S, S, H, M, J. Had sex with just one of them. So you could say that I've been in my own dating sim game.

I traveled really far to date one girl, and when I came over, she made me these three giant fucking tacos. Not her pink taco. And they were made to order, custom made. I asked her for more and more cheese. I LOVE cheese. I was eating the tacos and then I said... "there's too damn much cheese, haha".

Honorable mention goes out to the trap. The story is really funny, but I make it a policy to save the best stories and tell them only in person.

So these dates didn't go so well, otherwise I wouldn't be single now, but I cherish every experience because they're very memorable. I'd like to consider AD3 to be more autobiographical, even though I've never been on a space station.

10AM- Past my bed time. I have a big D&D game tomorrow so I need to... (yawn)... gotta stay up so that I can wake up more properly. I have to go fix my smog outta my car. Looks like I'm going to Comic Con after all.

Oh yeah. I made the first playable version of AD3.


In the demo, I wanted to demonstrate this new emoticon window. So basically imagine it looks more like this picture...

and so you talk and Elaine's face will react to what you say on top of her dialogue.

So PLAY the AD3 demo*!
Windows version
Mac version
*The demo sucks, but it's a start.

4 comments:

  1. It takes more balls than one would think to go up to some random people and ask for food. You should have said you made AD2. Maybe he's familiar with your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can count the number of people I've met that have played my game before having met me on one hand. Still, it's pretty cool when it happens.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. You gonna use renpy for AD3 ? No more flash ? If that's the case, I second that o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While possible, it's not preferable to use Renpy. Flash animations and alien shooting is better done in Flash.

      Delete