Monday, December 23, 2013

12/23

10a0- Woke up. I experimented with trying to work without a schedule, but I was not satisfied with the results. The reason being, while the schedule does indeed have stress, it's also somewhat comforting to have a sort of order. I long for it.
11a1- Ate.
12p2- Ate some more, internetted
1p3- Got home from errand. Okay, time to work.
2p4- Hung out with sister for an hour.
3p5- Worked on T-rooster. I think I'll switch the rooster feet back to T-Rex. I think a lot of monsters in media aren't scary. I'm not saying I don't find horror movies scary, but what's usually scary is the atmosphere surrounding the monster. When you see the monster in a clearly lit room, it really loses its scare. Then again, I don't think I could do better, so all of the alien/monsters in AD3 will be kinda cute.
Difficulty 5/10 Efficiency 10/10
4p6- Worked on Terra's Story.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 9/10
5p7- Worked on Isabel's story.
Difficulty 6/10 Efficiency 10/10
6p8- Worked on Isabel's story. Attempting to fix glaring plothole.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 10/10
7p9- Assisted sister with preparations for a party. Not going. Fixed glaring plothole.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 5/5
8p10- Worked on overarching story.
Difficulty 6/10 Efficiency 10/10
9p11- Worked on overarching story.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 10/10
10p12- More work on some plot details... Did some scientific research, aka wiki browsing. More trivial research on trivial details to make things make more sense. There's a level of plausibility I'd like to achieve in AD3, although at times I feel the effort will be squandered. Especially with a T-Rooster right there, proving that the attempt to create a certain level of plausibility will result in one that fluctuates through personal preferences.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 9/10
11p13- More story work.
Difficulty 7/10 Efficiency 9/10
12a14- More story work.
Difficulty 8/10 Efficiency 8/10
1a15- Wasted an hour going over an insignificant plot point.

Report- It's good to be blogging again. Expect more boring daily posts like today's, because story scripting is the biggest chunk that is left to be finished. That's not to say that I'm making this all up as I go along; I plotted out all of the story a long time ago, but now I'm going back in and actually writing these out into detailed scripts. Today was different though, because a few things I initially wrote didn't fit into what I'm writing now, (I hadn't thoroughly considered them before) so I had to make a few revisions that took a few hours to go over. Grade A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment