Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of December

AD3 progress: Still in production. It has a tentative March to August release date. I'll have a more accurate guesstimate for you later. This month, I worked on an assortment of things, but mostly writing. It's taking me longer than expected, but there is a lot of content to write here. I assure you, the writing is a lot better in AD3 than it was in AD2.

Myself: December was a jolly month for me. The first two weeks were stressful. I wasn't getting enough sleep due to stress, and I lost a few days due to video game marathon runs. After that, my sister got back home, and I've been spending a lot of time with her. I spent a bit more money and time than I would have liked to with family, but on the plus side, as soon as she got back, my sleeping problems went away. I am led to believe that I have sleep problems due to stress, and the stress can be relieved by having some sort of social life. I'll try to schedule in some time with my board gaming friends.

My 2013 year was good. The previous year was a depressing one due to the stress of a past relationship. By the beginning of 2013, I'd become comfortable, content even, with being single. My 2013 resolution was to stop playing video games, but while that didn't last very long, I did do much better in moderating the amount of games I played. Spring was great; Offbeatr and Kickstarter were a huge boost to morale. The trailer itself took a great deal of time to make. In the summer, I was testing the game's mechanics mostly, with some story concepts and some art being done. Fall and Winter were when things really picked up, and most of the art was finished. My network of friends degraded to a few close ones. I've stopped a caffeine addiction. I've gained a lot of discipline and some muscle mass too. It was a good year. Wouldn't want to relive it though.

As for 2014: One resolution: Finish AD3. Fuck it. No video games this year. Let's see how long I last.

No comments:

Post a Comment