Saturday, November 16, 2013

11/16

10a0- Woke up. I had 5 hours of sleep last night. Spent half an hour past bed time searching for my sleep mask.
11a1- Unsuccessfully attempted to go back to sleep.
12p2- Internetted for an hour.
1p3- Went out to do some unfinished business to make some extra cash on the side. Purchased energy drink. Experiencing insomnia. I'm going to try to work on easy tasks for the day. Fun tasks.
2p4- Created 9 sandwiches for future consumption and one salad.
5p4- Ate a salad, went to bed and got about 2h of sleep. I'm very pleased because I only lost an hour or so from not being able to sleep.
7p6- Being a bad video gamer
8p7- Worked well. Also thought about a new hentai game concept where you're a guy that sees everyone as sexy women. (satisfies the hentai game rule where most characters must be of the opposite sex). At first, you think you're the last guy on earth, but you realize that you now have two mothers. The player concludes that it is only him that sees everyone as women. The first step is distinguishing which mother is your father, based entirely on dialogue clues. Maybe the game would test you on your ability to distinguish other characters as actually being male or female, or explore sexuality tones/discrimination. Idea shelved permanently.
9p8- Working OK. Trying to clear distractions and work 100%.
10p9- Working great on stellaSprite
11p10- Good hour on Stella
12a11- Good hour on Stella
1a12- Went out with friend to acquire chill fries.
2a13- Worked some, ate some, watched some TV. I'm feeling pretty tired, but that's because I ate a high carb meal I think. Eugh. Sleep is such a frustrating subject for me.
5a13- Woke up from 3 hour nap. Dopamine levels are low... but admitting that they are, somehow increases them.
6a14- Last hour was short due to waking up. Was getting to work and then I saw that sim-man is releasing a new simgirls. (if you plan to read on, be sure to check the trailer first) Sim-man is rather ambitious and I like that about him. His own art is sadly bland, but he managed to get a new artist on his team; one that's very good and is probably better than me. However acquiring that artist has had its drawbacks, as it looks like there won't be any hentai in the new game. You can kind've tell right away. The characters look great, but they don't have a sense of sex appeal eroticism to them. So if he's not doing any of the art, what's he up to? The base dating game looks the same (trailer impressions), but they have a 5v5 fighting system now. Can't tell if the fighting system is any good yet, too little information. It's somewhat similar to AD3, but at the same time I can't help but worry that the fighting system won't integrate well into the dating sim. They've got these chibi 3d models with huge heads that scarcely resemble their 2d counterparts from the dating sim. My own game on the other hand retains its vision better; the survivors don't change clothes, and it's clear that every survivor has ready access to a gun. Then again, maybe simgirls is aiming to be more like the manga 'Gantz' (a great manga where humans are put into a game where you hunt aliens for 90% of the time and live normally for 10% of it). What I'm trying to say is that any game system is always going to be initially foreign to a dating sim game; you have to be able to justify it. AD3 already justifies the strategy system with looks alone. Verdict is still out on whether simgirls can.  I look forward to more of his game.
7a15- Worked OK on StellaSprite
8a16- Worked better on stellasprite and then finished the pistol section.



Today's self assessment
Productive but not game related activity- 3h
Unproductive lazy activity- 4h
Production related work- 7h
Sleep- 10h of sporadic low quality sleep.

Today started off with a difficult challenge of not having any sleep. I managed to get sleep later and that greatly affected the output of work. I think some of that sleep should carry over to tomorrow because I did quite a lot. The four hours being lazy is a bit much for me, and I need to improve on it. I realized that today's conditions were going to be challenging and reacted by taking easier tasks. I didn't exercise today because I wanted to have something to show by the end of the night, which is probably in error. Definitely there were some problems today, but there was also progress and even a few hours of excellent work. B-



1 comment:

  1. I would pay the full market rate (~$60) for this game.

    ReplyDelete