Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11/19 Caffeine Detox Round 3

10:25a0. Woke up. Day 3 of detox...although it has been pretty easy. I've read some pretty bad things about the withdrawal process; screaming at children and work problems.  Apart from me typing like a drunken moron for the the first two days, I've been pretty good about work, and I guess that's all that matters.

11a0: Internetted. Thought about a good addon character for AD3... You know what grinds my gears? Disney Princesses. In America, girls are taught from a young age by Disney to be effin princesses, to accept only the most handsome of princes, to adhere to Disney proportions, and to be all around Disney Mary Sues. "I am not a prize to be won!"... But aren't all bitches? That's why one of the addon characters is going to be a straight up, Disney Princess (while sidestepping copyright infringement). I'll need to watch plenty of Disney movies to get inspiration as my childhood was somewhat bereft of Disney goodness. (my favorite Disney Princess is Grandma Willow from Pocahontas) Then again, it might be unfair to hold spite over Disney Princesses when a Disney fan could easily point to me and say "Aching Harem Girls". (pauses for a moment with a finger in the air...) You know, there's no real way to justify it. Look, two wrongs don't make a right, and Disney Princesses aren't right.

12p1: Ate hefty meal.. I only had one meal yesterday, and it wasn't a particularly good one. No exercise either. Today is a recovery day.
2p1: Took a nap, it was of poor quality...
3p2: Short hour. Internetted. Must get started.
4p3: Did a prank; Uploaded Stella to http://majorbueno.com/party   .Worked sluggishly on CarmenSprite.
5p4: More sluggishness; eugh. Ate cereal.
6p5: Working much better.
7p6: Working slow speed. I should switch it up.
8p7: Ate a hearty meal. Eating a lot today.
9p8: Internetted.
10p9: Exercised a bit. (for some reason I felt compelled to lie about this) I felt utterly debilitated earlier. Just browsing stupid youtube videos. Refusing to play video games and just sitting here... I didn't want to blame the caffeine withdrawals, and maybe just hack it up to a bad day today.
11p10: Working good now.
12p11: Animating well.
1a12: Working with some difficulty, but focused.
2a13: Weird technical problem. After coming back to my computer from a bathroom break, my monitor turned off, which was expected. When I tried to wake my computer up with a click, the monitor couldn't get a signal from the computer. I tried replugging the monitor cord and even tried switching to a hdmi port. My music was running, so I was able to pause and play that by keyboard, so I alt-tabbed a bunch of times and spammed CTRL+S to save what I was working on. After a forced shut down, everything seems ok now. Or not; I seem to have lost 30 minutes of work.
3a14: Working well. Kind of a disappointing day for me so far, but at least I'm focused now.
4a15: Animating...
5a16: Not much work this hour.. Animating at this hour can get very...hard. (shrugs)
8:30a19: Stayed up animating the next 3 hours... I'm restless but working. This is gonna wreck me tomorrow.

www.hentaicook.com/blog/olgaH22hj11publish.swf
Click this if you like boogahgeh. I got really carried away with this one.

AD3 work: 11 h
Laziness: 6 h
Video Games: 0 h
Non AD3 related productivity: 2 h

Self assessment:
Beginning to see a trend in laziness in the early hours, followed by deep resentment of said laziness in the
after hours. The slouch-couch-surfing of the internet was painful. I can go ahead and blame the detox process again, but even if I wasn't in detox... I'd be inclined to give this day a good grade. With those 6 hours of laziness, I didn't shirk my responsibilities and take a night out on the town. (okay, I probably wouldn't actually enjoy a night out on the town at the moment, so let's just say video games). No, I sat there, in laziness,  struggling to start working. And the result is actually productive. A- grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment