Monday, November 4, 2013

11/4

9a0- Woke up getting around 5h of sleep.
10a1- Tried getting back to sleep... unsuccessfully.
11a1- Possibly napped for an hour, can't be sure
12p2- Worked for an hour, but no actual progress. Was trouble shooting a program error and trying to narrow down the problem during reproduction of the error. Yes, I was having sex with the error.
1p3- Still troubleshooting.
2p4- Managed to fix it at the start of the hour and worked the full hour.
5p4- Slept those lost hours. Kind of a half sleep, but I'm appreciative of it. Back to work.
6p5- Working well. Concentration levels are high, I'll get a jog in when they start to wane.
7p6- Worked pretty well. Getting sort of hungry but I do want to get that jog in, so now's the time.
8p7- Did a 20 minute jog and then practiced a variety of exercises that do not require a gym facility.
9p8- Had sheperd's pie, a banana, did about 15 minutes of work. Watching Falling Skies Pilot. The plot has some resemblance to AD3... They're survivors fighting against aliens, and the survivors migrate because they can't fight the aliens... Although the vibe is much too family friendly; too happy. The show starts with a bunch of kids narrating how the world ended 7 months ago. Where's the rape? Not that I want rape, but I'd expect it to be fairly portrayed what with football players and soldiers having it on demand these days, you'd expect a post apocalyptic group of survivors wouldn't be able to police themselves. Forget the rape, I just really don't like the plot of an EMP blast being explained to me by a preschooler, hahaha. Maybe I just want to watch Mad Max 3 again? (edit: or BSG)
10p9- Working OK. Appetite demanded a sandwich. Dealing with insomnia. Falling Skies just had a montage of kids riding a skateboard, and the next episode started off with biology class with one kid asking "but aren't the aliens bad?"... I'm done with this, Spielberg. I heard this show has a lot of plotholes. The aliens come from a far away place so they probably can zip around to anywhere in the planet but they have absolutely no interest in shooting down a group of ~100 humans just caravaning around. IDK, I've only seen one episode but I've got plenty of other things to watch.
11p10- Working OK. Took a power nap.
12a11 Took an hour off.
1a12- Working slowly but surely.
2a13- Working fine. I'm tired, but I'm beating the human clock, hanging in there.
2:30a13-
I'm pretty tired. Too tired to make any smart decisions.
Self evaluation report- B. I started the day off really well, taking down everything I wanted to do, on the computer and off as well. Then I just got tired. I might've played an hour of games today, but that's definitely an improvement for the long run. It would have been nice to take this day to 16 hours, but I've got to accept my limits and improve upon them. Perhaps return to weaning on caffeine and more frequent exercising should help with getting better quality sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Do you watch Star Trek or play Mass Effect? It would be pretty cool if your game has a Mass Effect Hentai Style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen mostly all of Star Trek and I've played all of Mass Effect.

      I like Star Trek a lot because the writers are constantly challenged to write something new. Star Trek's got something like 31 seasons and a bunch of movies. It's pretty hard to keep it fresh.

      Mass Effect has some pretty cool aliens, and I did throw in a few references to ME in the story. I love the guns in ME. I hate the Red/Blue Shepard and how he/she's such a Mary Sue. Definitely one of my favorite game franchises.

      Delete
  2. Now that there's color, the rotoscoping looks pretty damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make her skinnier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the principals I wanted to establish in AD3 is that the characters look unique from each other. Something I believe I failed to do in AD2.

      As for a more honest answer.... I did make her skinnier than the source I got it from. I need to put more time into selecting a better source.

      Delete