Sunday, November 24, 2013

11/24

11a0: Woke up from 9h of above average quality sleep.
I'm going to be trying something new today to increase productivity. Progress reports will now be doubled. If I can do half an hour reports, it'll give a higher sense of urgency. At least as long as the activity's duration is less than 30 minutes.
11 1/2: Ate cereal. Opened notes. Thinking about clearing the second ending draft, as I'm not completely happy with it. My first ending idea was that a research vessel was docked; the ending is serious in tone but the ending wasn't very satisfying. The second idea is more satisfying but it's too humorous in nature. I tossed and turned last night thinking about "Space Nigerian Scammers that use Von Neumann Probes".
12a1: Did waking up things, performed sinus wash.
12 1/2: A few other waking up things. I was unable to come up with a solution to my Veronica problem, so I've decided to switch tasks and allow the problem to sit for awhile. Perhaps I'll find the answer later. Switched to Olga.


I see Olga sitting there. She’s surrounded by various soda cans, snacks, and energy drinks. Horrible posture too.
(FaceDecision)Olga: Ah, Captain. Just the man I wanted to see.
And as she says this, she’s staring intently not at me, but at her computer screen, the bulky kind with the physical back to them.
//Where’d you get all the drinks?
-2 olgaTemporaryPoints
(faceSarcasticreally)Olga: I trade. How do you get anything? Do you simply take, since you are the dictator?
Captain: No. The lieutenant handles requisition and supplies. I just haven’t had any reason to trade anything.
Olga presses a cool can of “Captain Mustard’s Mustard Flavored Soda” against her smiling face.
Olga: I am a most resourceful being. I have my ways of obtaining things. Energy drinks are very valuable to me. I need them to function.
//This stuff can’t be healthy.
-2 olgaTemporaryPoints
(faceDissapointed)Olga: Do you think I do not know such things? I would use them more moderately, if I were not in such a rush to get my projects completed.
//How’s work?
+1 olgaTemporaryPoints
(faceDecision)Olga:…Productive.

//end branch
Captain: And just what are you working on? Something to enhance our sonic emitter signal?
Olga: No. I have already provided the crew with sufficient tools to survive. It is up to you, my dear Captain, to utilize them. I have been working on new scripts to get us out of here.
Captain: TV Scripts for the show?
Olga: Precisely. Is that a problem?

//No. Go crazy.
+1 olgaTemporaryPoints
(olgaSmile)Olga: Crazy? I prefer Mad Scientist.
//Yes. You should be focused on finding a cure for the virus.
-2 olgaTemporaryPoints
(faceSarcasticreally) Olga: Hmph. Have your medical officer find the cure. Just because I’m a scientist, doesn’t mean I can do everything for you. It’s not my specialty. Hmph.
Captain: Fine.
//end branch
Captain: Alright, show me this script of yours then.
We spend some time reading over the script and making minor adjustments.
Here’s the script:
Captain: Ahh, what a great day to stretch and relax… ahhh…
As I sit back and bask in the sun, Isabel rushes in.
Isabel: Captain! We should go to red alert, there is a temporal disturbance off the port bow!
Captain: Go to red alert status.
Isabel: Red Alert!
Olga: You may stand down from red alert, Captain.
Captain: Olga! What do you know of this?!
Olga: I have been studying it. It is a black hole.
Captain: And you didn’t care to inform me about this?
Olga: I did not want to, how you say, take my eye off of it. It is not harmful, and quite stable. You may stand down from red alert.
Captain: Cancel the red alert procedure. You’ve got some explaining to do.
I was putting myself second to her. I didn’t like it. Command had the balls, but science had the brains.
Olga: Of course, Captain. As you wish… There is a black hole that I have been studying. It seems to have been sucking in a gas cloud at a slow rate. So slow, that it is theoretically possible that we could freely enter and exit this black hole at will.
Captain:  A wormhole.
Olga: Yes. It is a remarkable find, more so than this alien lifeform. It changes what we know about black holes. It seems to be entirely stable. Depending on how we choose to enter it, we can control our destination of time or space.
Captain: And how do you suggest we go through it? We don’t have control of propulsion systems to get to it.
Olga: We can simply bring it to us. Blackie likes to eat things, so all we have to do is feed it, and it will come our way. (good aesthetics, puzzling sci)
(lemme check with my science advisor, might go with…)
Olga: We can simply bring it to us. We can use a tractor beam. We can leave it in orbit above Iacchus and tidally lock it, and then to adjust for the station’s size, we can use the our space skip antimass generator in order to turn our entire station to mere photons to fit through, and re-expand on the other side.

Captain: So you’re saying we could go anywhere, or just where the wormhole dictates?
Olga: By simply pulling the tractor beam towards us, it is like pushing a magnifying glass over a map. The direction is completely refocused. Calculations on where we arrive will be difficult to ascertain, but I believe we can calculate a predictable…time to jump to.
Captain: Time? We’re going through time?
Olga: Yes. Space will be too complex to navigate. Staying in one place and going through time should be easier to calculate for our computers.
Captain: Then we’ll go 10 years into the future.
Isabel: Captain! This is too risky!
Captain: It’s our best bet. By then, a standard slow rescue ship should arrive, and we’ll be home free.
Isabel: Aye aye sir, Set tractor beam for the spatial anomaly!!
A few hours later…
Captain: Enter. THE WORMHOLE!
Olga: Activating subspace dematerialization anti mass spectrometer!
The particles around us blast apart and stretch into infinity, and quickly back again. At least that’s what I think happened. We’re through the wormhole. The planet is brightly lit. People have been waiting for us. The planet reads ‘Welcome Back Survivors!’ Go figure.
A brightly lit ghost routine enters the room.
Isabel: Intruder Alert!
The ghost is somewhat transparent, but welcoming. I’m supposing they didn’t want to invade our station, and are merely respecting our rights.
Captain: What kind of tech is this?
Olga: They’re not going through our projection system. It appears they are emitting themselves through their own means of projection.
Ghost- Hello! Do not be alarmed! You have calculated your jump incorrectly, and although we could not correct the error, we were able to calculate an accurate estimate on when you would arrive, due to the wormhole travel being televised.

(started about here)
Captain: And just when have we arrived?
Ghost- Your calculations were off by a few digits. You have travelled one million years into the future. Please take a moment to get over the fact that everyone you know is long dead.
Survivors- Noooooo!
Ghost- That’s it. Let it out.
Elaine: My cat!!
Ghost- We have prepared holo-memorial services from those you left behind.

1p2: Wrote up some more, medium progress.

Dad: Hey sport. I know we haven’t been really good friends over the years, and now that you’re gone, I’ll never be able to repair the damage that I’ve done. Forgive me. The show is great. I’m proud of you. Have a good life, Captain.
Thought: You too Dad. Or I hope you did.
Elaine: Hello Spot!
I hear a digitized meow. I’ll respect her privacy. A few minutes pass.
Ghost: All done are we? Great! Let’s get to celebrations! Oh that’s right! I forgot about your little problem…


1p 1/2: Worked a bit on enemy stat blocks. Feeling pretty tired.

2p3: Slowed down considerably. Ate a banana. Lazed about. Then wrote some.


Ghost: All of your infected crewmembers have been cured of their disease. They’re no longer zombies. We’ve cured all ailments, including death, so your weapons are quite useless now.
Captain: Does that mean I’m no longer Captain?
Ghost: No, you shot the original captain in the head before he turned. While we could technically bring him back, it would be illegal to do so. If you miss him, we could, at any time, simulate a 100% accurate model of him. Would you like that?
A bunch of the ghosts drop what they’re doing and rush over with their ears bent towards me.
Captain: Umm… No. That won’t be necessary.
The ghosts elate, pick up their magical sponges and mops, and go back to wiping everything clean.
Olga: If you can instantaneously cure all zombies, then you no need to hand wipe station.
Ghost: An esteemed observation from Ms. Tereshkova!


2 1/2:
Stella: Hmm…
Stella sneaks up behind Isabel and shoots her in the back of the head. Gray matter, patches of skin and Isabel’s lovely eyes blow out of their sockets, before being sucked back into place like a vacuum. Isabel notices everything is still intact, and decides to blink.
Isabel: Ms. Howard! You will cease this tomfoolery! We already know our weapons are useless!
Ghost: Ah, but what you didn’t know is that attempted murder is perfectly legal, because murder is practically impossible! We’d actually like to see you get away with it for once!
Isabel: I’ll refrain from such barbarism!
Ghost: Ah, we expected no less from the honorable Lieutenant Bellini!
Olga: If you can instantaneously cure all zombies, then you no need to hand wipe station so slowly.
Ghost: An esteemed observation from Ms. Tereshkova!


3p4: Good hour on some fun writing.

Ghost: An esteemed observation from Ms. Tereshkova! We just like to do things slowly, so we don’t freak you out so much and to acclimate you to your new and dazzling home! If there’s anything you want, annnnnything you want, we’ll give it to you!
Stella: I could go for a big ol’ apple pie.
Ghost: One apple pie! In The Sky!
Stella catches it with her oven mitts, seemingly from nowhere.
Stella: Wait! Now I want a manicure! Wait!
A ghost flips open a notepad and starts jotting everything she wants down.
Zoe: Oh sweet. Wishes are being granted.
Zoe lays down on a lazy couch, switches the channel and glugs down a tall boy.
Zoe: Ahhh…..
Larissa: Scoot over.
The couch expands in size before Larissa lays down opposite of Zoe. Larissa injects herself with a needle and smiles.
Beatrice looks shifty eyed before coming up with her wish and whispers to a ghost. She disappears.
Elaine turns into a “Pocket Monstah” master.
Olga: Give me Stephen Hawking. Wait. Give me the version where his legs work. Modify so his brain is circa 2000. Ah, good. Hello Professor, right this way…
Even Carmen the robot has her wish fulfilled. I think. All I see are large censor blocks.
Terra: I just want to play with my old guildmates in Planet of Plundercraft.
Ghost: Oh they’re gone but we can simulate them!
Terra: It’s not the same… (sob)
The ghost starts crying alongside with Terra and hands her a tissue.
Ghost: And what about you, Lieutenant? You must have something to wish for?

Isabel: (ignores the ghost) Captain, need I remind you that we’re in a hostile territory. We do not know the motives of these inhabitants. I advise caution! These are still intruders!
Larissa: Take a chill pill, Izzy. I’m taking some right…now…
Isabel: Chill Pill!? Izzy?! Captain! They’re trying to incapacitate us!



3 1/2:
Ghost: What about you Captain? I’m sure you’d like to plow-
Captain: right into my own private harem?
The ghost reels back in shock, and then retains its smile.
Ghost: Yes, would you like to? Go to the harem?
Captain: Just a moment.
I step forward and look at the dazzling Dark Planet. It’s fully lit now. Beautiful fireworks blaze across the Iacchan atmosphere. The clouds spell ‘Welcome Home’.
Captain: How long have you guys been waiting here?
Ghost: We got here right before you did. Of course, travel is instantaneous. You can go back to Earth if you’d like.
Captain: I’d like that. Let’s go. Lieutenant, you have the base.
Isabel: Aye, sir.

4p5: Worked well, did an errand, talked to Will over the enemy AI in the game. Time for me to gather some supplies...

I step forward and see San Francisco. I see a long traffic line in the air. Lots of honking. A car flies out of line, and a police car follows it, sirens on. Why would anybody that can instantly travel have a need for cars?
Captain: Why are there cars?
Ghost: This is Earth, just like how you remembered it!
Captain: I want the Now Earth.
Ghost: Very well.
I stand floating in the vacuum of space. I don’t suffocate, but I don’t breathe either.
Captain: Earth’s gone?


5p6: Ran to store, ran the mile back with groceries. Regretted not bringing backpack. Passerby in car pointed and laughed. Did he think that I was without a car, or maybe someone attempting to reduce his ecological footprint? Or did he see me as an aging Ryu, disciplining himself to unravel the secrets of the third super art, Denjin Hadouken?.... Probably the first one. Still cannot come to a verdict on which ending to choose for Veronica. Perhaps I should write both endings and see which one I like better. And waste time doing that.

5 1/2: Ate sandwich with tenacity. My cooking skill has improved.

6p7:
Ghost: Yes. It was destroyed.
Captain: And you didn’t stop it from being destroyed?...Wait. You didn’t care to stop it from being destroyed… Nobody did. How do I know this?
Ghost: Erm, this is most unsettling. Would you like to go back?
Captain: I know the way.
I step back into the ISS.
Isabel: Captain. I have something you’ll want to see.
Captain: Proceed.
Isabel produces a six sided die. She throws it.
Isabel: 6.
It lands as a six.
Isabel: You try.
Isabel throws it again. I stare at the die…will it be a 4? A 5? It’s a little hazy, but the fact that I’m even trying to predict the outcome is, like the ghost says, unsettling. The die lands as a 5.
Captain: Once more.
Isabel throws it in the air. While it spins in the air, I already know the outcome.

Captain: 3.
Larissa stares with her red eyes half open.
Larissa: Whoaaaaa…far out….fffffuuuuuuuuuuu….
Suddenly, the wormhole opens and regurgitates another ISS. Surprisingly, this is extremely shocking to me.
Isabel: AHHHH!!! INTRUDER!!
Captain: BY THE STARS!!
Zoe pukes from the excitement.

6 1/2: I feel...disturbed. For the sake of research on the game, I read up about cannibalism and how it possibly can pertain to zombies and survivors. I've exposed myself to various accounts of cannibalism, including this, this, someone actually told me he was into vore, and coincidentally even this music video on the subject. I did what any responsible writer would do, and tried to imagine myself in the situation of having to eat a zombie. I'm not trying to get into vore. From a financial perspective, it's not a good idea to get into anything that's not a popular mainstream fetish (except furry). I guess what I'm trying to say is my sanity has been bruised from the experience. Not wounded. I'm still here.

Olga-2: This is Olga Tereshkova of the ISS. Captain, respond.
Captain: I’m here. Olga, are you seeing…yourself?
Olga-1: Yes! Yes.. Stephen, run that equation…harder…
Olga-2: Don’t disturb her. Turn back now. Tell ghosts to put ship back the way it was, with all Zombies moaning, and fly back through wormhole at my coordinates. I upload now.
Captain: I don’t think our Ex-Zombie crewmates would like that.
Ghost: It can be done. The morals are different in our time. It is your choice.
Captain: I’m not ready to make that choice. Olga, you’re going to have to give me more.
Olga-2: Not good idea. If I tell you, you make wrong choice again. Now you make right choice. Tell them to put back everything the way it was, and go through wormhole.


7p8:
Took an extra long shower. I have an ex-marine friend that says he still takes 3 and a half minute showers. I did ten times that, but I think it was necessary today. I needed the time of solace. Invited friend over.

7:40: Whew, didn't even notice the time fly.


Larissa: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that, let’s stay here. How long have we been here….a year?...
Isabel: Pull yourself together!
Captain: We’re doing it. Lieutenant, direct the tractor beam at the black hole.
Isabel: Gladly, sir.
Captain: Apparition, I order you to put this ship back to the way it was.
Ghost: It is already done; however I must insist that you allow us to leave your tractor beam alone, since it was damaged when you got here.
Captain: So be it. Now leave.
The ghost disappears.
Isabel: Captain, station biosigns are decreasing. People are leaving the ship for the surface.
Captain: Attention, all hands, this is the Captain speaking. We are under an alien influence. Do not leave the ship. Do not be fooled by our alien invaders.
Larissa falls off the disappeared couch and reaches her hand to Iacchus.
Larissa: My druuuuuuggss!
Isabel: Biosigns holding steady, s-
Thought: Isabel’s face freezes. Everything does. The room tears apart. 
I’m on a planet. Green fields, bunny rabbits, birds chirping.

 Female Ghost: Captain… You haven’t even made your wish yet.
Thought: I wish to…
Female Ghost: Have sex with beautiful women for the rest of your days?
Thought: My crew…
Female Ghost: You can have sex with any woman you desire. All women you desire, forever. We are the Captain’s Harem. We’re a religion based on your sexual exploits, Captain. They’ve become legendary. Stay with us, on the planet. Hundreds of women are at your service. Your wish is our command!
//My resolve cannot be swayed!
Captain: My resolve cannot be swayed! I won’t repeat myself! My duty is to my crew! Leave now, witch!
Captain’s Harem: Your wish is indeed our command! Fare thee well, Captain!
Isabel: ir! Your speech was effective!
Captain: To the wormhole!



9p10: Let friend in. He gave me chilli cheese fries. Ate. My sister asked me about my blog and I responded to her. Good to catch up with her. Sanity restored to full.

91/2: Did work on StellaGunPose

10p11: Worked on StellaGunPose moderately.

10 1/2: Worked slowly on StellaGunPose. Ate a chocolate banana ice cream to boost dopamine.

11p12: Worked slowly, and then ate a banana. Moar powar to the concentration cannons!

11 1/2: Worked at moderate speed. I'm tiring out here.

12a13: Worked well. Should have something to show...maybe... Not really satisfied with this face.

12 1/2: Working.


1a14: Worked very well this hour. I think the half hours aren't very effective when I'm not writing. They still give me some sort of incentive to work, but it's diminished.

Went over with animator on what to do. We're having our differences, like eye sizes. His style is similar to mine, and he certainly enjoys the cast of AD3. I suspect there will be some backlash to his entries into the game. It was a difficult choice to make, for sure.

1 1/2:
Finished discussing with animator, patched a few holes and uploaded.
2a15: Juuust 1 more hour. I'm exhausted.

Thought: The blue streaking arms of the wormhole envelopes the ISS and we travel through.
Elaine: Everyone alright?!
Stella is ramming her butt repeatedly against the wall
Stella: You NBA players are so… Hey! Where’d they go!?
Thought: Isabel picks up her pad and checks her time. Undoubtedly she will have a long day trying to factor in the unaccountable 30 minutes.
Captain: Lieutenant. What would your wish have been?
Isabel: Hmm. More ammunition.
Captain: Oh come now.
Isabel: Oh, alright. A day in the park.
Captain: And why is that?
Isabel: Have you ever seen ducks walking in a line together? Harmony.



2 1/2
Isabel lowers her gaze back onto her notepad. She moves her butt back and forth like a duck.
A few of the survivors are still picking themselves back up.
Olga: Captain, the fissure has collapsed. I very sorry with miscalculations.
Captain: It’s alright. We had fun. Let’s get back to work.

//Oh yes, the Captain has come to claim his harem!
Girls: Yes! Our savior has come to fuck us!

Thought: Ahead of me lie hundreds of women, all naked. They writhe in delight. There’s so many of them that it looks like a big bowl of worms. I enter the landscape of women and begin having a threehundredsome. 

3a16
Thought: I finish off three gorgeous women… and looking at the fourth… well, she’s kind of boring. The dice rolling was so predictable. These women are all… predictable. I already know what sex is like with them, and I no longer desire it. I go flacid. I finally learn the whole truth.
Thought: It turns out the universe is now very boring. Everything is given, predictable, and boring. Sentient-kind has been dying off from boredom.
Ghost: Yes. Nobody wants to stick around, when nothingness is better than the pain of boredom. There are few sentients left. They have waited 400,000 years just to see your crew, as your crew was temporarily unaffected by our abilities to predict their actions. You are the event of our lifetime. We so eagerly wanted to see what you would do when you got through the wormhole.
Thought: Now I’m just a part of you guys. There’s really nothing left to do… Sorry.
Olga: No! Captain, don’t do it!

Thought: I know what will happen. After I die, all of the inhabitants of the universe will suicide as well. We’re just bored. Olga here will try to take the ISS back in time to try to reverse things. She eventually succeeds. Bang.

Self Assessment:
Productive non ad3 related- 4h
Laziness- <1h p="">
AD3 work- 11h.

Report: One of my best days. I wrote about 2100 words and did some artwork. The half hour system seems to work better than the full hour system, at the expense of the blog looking disorganized. I prefer the productivity. Grade A.

I put a sticky note on my monitor earlier this week. It says... "DIE COCACOLA DIE". I'll take it down. It's no longer needed, as the cola is no longer within me. One week without caffeine. The war on caffeine is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment