Friday, November 22, 2013

11/22

8:40: Woke up. Very full sleep of 8-9h.
9a0: Did post hibernation procedures.
10a1: Ate cereal. Did some research about autopsies here. It's a fun read for anyone interested in the subject.

Debated with self over whether or not to include cannibalism into the game. The game takes place one week after the zombies invaded the station. There should be sufficient food for the survivors, except the zombies are collectively smarter than your average zombie. The zombies actually eat regular food in order to starve off the survivors. The goal of the zombies isn't actually to eat or infect humans; it's to simply kill or drive away the survivors.

So logically it'd make sense that the survivors were faced with a famine dilemma. But the survivors regularly kill zombies, and the zombies are actually safe to eat, since you can just microwave them and destroy any residing iacchan cells. Condiments would never be in short supply, so you'd have human leg and ketchup, for instance. (sigh)

The problem is that it's a hentai game. I think it's difficult for a reader to be able to process cannibalism and sex without it leading to vorarephilia, and that is exactly what I don't want to happen. Then again, it's adding a lot of drama. Imagine if you were forced to eat a rotting human leg, and imagine how fantastic a PBJ sandwich would be; which does exist on the station.

11a2: Read some wiki articles loosely related to research. Wrote some of Veronica's story.


Story 2:
Captain: We’re nearing the morgue.
Veronica: Good, I’ll be over there collecting supplies.
Captain: Maybe you can just give me a list and I’ll go pick it up for you.
Veronica: No offense but I’m not sure you’d be able to identify this equipment.
//Story 2 A and B start
//A You’re probably right.
Veronica: Sorry…
Captain
An hour later…
The morgue’s an empty and cold place. It looks like nobody’s even been in here since the invasion began. There were only a few cadavers since the station’s deployment three years ago.
Captain: (deep breath) We’re taking the table too?
Veronic
I’m pushing a table with assorted medical items, and I’ve got a bag slung over my back filled with metal clinks. I must look like Santa carrying this bag. The good doctor is just writing things down.
//Try your best to carry the assorted apparatuses.
Pass: I carry the items back to base without incident.
Veronica: You need any help?
Captain: Nope. Keep writing whatever you’re writing.
Veronica: Hmm. Ok.
Fail: It’s a lot of things. My muscles start to ache and I drop the bag for a quick breather.
Veronica: Might want to go a bit easier on the bag, there’s a lot of sensitive equipment in there.
Captain: Sorry ma’am, anything you say ma’am.
Veronica: Oh, you.
Veronica puts the pad down and helps me out.
//B I can identify all of these items. (Doctor profession required or Science 20 stat)
Captain: A vibrating saw for cranial incisions, bread knife for solid organs… I know what these things are. I’ll have them back to you in a jiffy.
Veronica: I appreciate it.
//Story 2 A and B end.

12p3: Wrote more. I'm yawning quite a bit.
Veronica: I appreciate it.
An hour later…
I roll in a bunch of apparatuses and wipe the sweat off my brow.
Captain: Ta-da.
Veronica: Impressive. Perhaps you could come in some time and assist me, it looks like you know what you’re doing with these things.
Story 3:
Isabel: Mr. Laffer! You are supposed to be foraging for materials! Get back to work!
Laffer is sitting on a mat with his plumber crack exposed. He’s indulging in schnapps and sweating it off. Isabel prods him with her pointer stick before resorting to her shoe to get him on his feet.
Laffer: We can’t just leave all this good alcohol here.  Someone’s gotta drink it. Live a little, Isabel.
Isabel: We are not on a first name basis! Get up now!
Veronica: I… Hmm. I wouldn’t advise that, Lieutenant.
Isabel: Doctor?
Veronica: Inability to concentrate, delayed reactions… I’d say Mr. Laffer is experiencing a higher than average infection rate. I’ll have to take him into quarantine to treat him.
Laffer: I’m sick?!
Veronica: Not to worry, since you’re not doing anything, I’d just like to keep you under observation. You can have all the alcohol you want.
Laffer: Sounds like a deal, toots!
Laffer flips Isabel the bird as he walks off with the doctor.
An hour later…
I walk into Veronica’s makeshift office. Veronica is mixing some sort of solution.
Veronica: Ah, Captain. Here for your check up? Have a seat.
Captain: As you wish.
Veronica rolls my right sleeve up and places my forearm under her armpit. I can feel her warmth emanating from under her labcoat. My elbow brushes against her breast. She doesn’t seem to mind or care, she’s checking my pulse. I don’t interrupt her counting. She takes a needle out for blood testing.
Captain: How’s Laffer?
Veronica: Good. I believe I’ve found an effective treatment for the infection.
Captain:  A cure?

Veronica: Not exactly. We can use chemotherapy techniques to essentially target the Iacchan cells. It would destroy the foreign cells but weaken the patient.

1p3: Took a nap of moderate quality.

2p4: Woke up to disturbing email about recent transaction over ebay that had gone wrong, and I probably threw away the receipt. I feel very very stupid for throwing it away, and I might be out of 450 bucks soon enough.  Searched room. Couldn't find the receipt. Remembered thinking to myself "Oh yeah, what would I need this for?"... Stupid stupid... WHY did I throw it away!?... Because I was under too much stress from working?

Okay. I can take a $450 hit. It's OK. Even then, I can probably return the defective item without a receipt, as there are laws in place to protect the consumer like that. 

Exchanged volley of emails with consumer.

3p5: Reviewed ebay and return policies. Ate a light meal. Checked scheduling over again.

4p6: YEAHHHH I FOUND IT!! I didn't throw the fucking receipt away!!! YEAHH! (whewww)
Good hour working on story. I've calmed down a lot from the earlier disturbance.

Veronica: Not exactly. We can use chemotherapy techniques to essentially target the Iacchan cells. It would destroy the foreign cells but weaken the patient.
Captain: So we’re all going to go bald?
Veronica: No. It’s only for patients that have exceeded an infection level. As long as we have other medical supplies and everyone keeps healthy, we shouldn’t have to resort to it.
Veronica: I’ll need to run dermal tests. Disrobe to your undergarments.
I strip for the lady. Suck it in, Cap!
//story 3 check 1
//Impress Veronica with your physique
//Pass
Veronica walks behind me and runs a light finger across my bicep. I catch her smiling from the corner of my eye.
//Fail
Veronica lets off a disappointed ‘hmm’ and taps her fingers against my shoulders like a desk.
//end check
After plenty of examining and light touching, Veronica puts her hands on my shoulders.
Captain: Are you finished?
Veronica: Not so fast Captain. Hmm…
Veronica starts massaging my back. She pinches my trapezius and relieves a lot of pressure.
//story 3 check 2
//Are you a chiropractor too?
Veronica: Oh shush. I just thought you’d appreciate this.
Veronica rubs her hand down to my chest.
Veronica: I can stop if you’d like.
Captain: You may continue! Permission granted.
Veronica keeps massaging me. She puts a little more muscle into it and her breath lands on my ear.
//Now that’s more like it.
Veronica: I thought you’d like this. I don’t have a lot of experience though.
Veronica’s exposed bra fabric lightly rubs against my shoulders.
Captain: Regardless of your experience, this is very *ahem* soothing.
Veronica squeezes again and pulls her chest forward against my back. Her breasts scoop across my back. I lean back a bit to get more of it.
Veronica: I think you’re enjoying this too much.
Veronica takes her fingers and flicks my raging boner that’s doing a very bad job of hiding beneath my shorts.
//end story3 check2
Veronica stands up and throws my clothes onto my raging lap.
Veronica: Congrats, you passed your check-up.
//start story3 check 3
//Hey. You forgot to check my uhh… hehe.
Veronica: Captain? I think you’re taking my gratitude too far.
Captain: Y-You’re right. Forget I said anything, hehe.
//Err, Doctor, do you know how to make my sperm taste better?
Veronica: That’s disgusting, Captain.
Captain: Ahem. Okay.
//Thank you, Doctor.
Veronica: You’re welcome, Captain.
//End story 3 check 3
Veronica: Come see me again later.
Captain: Will do.


Story 4:
Isabel: Captain, there’s been a problem.
I push my fingers against my brow and get up slowly from a nap.
Captain: Eh… Explain, Lieutenant.
Isabel: Mr. Laffer has been complaining loudly. He wants to leave quarantine.
Captain: I’ll need to see this. Let’s go.
I check in on Veronica’s office. Laffer is secure in a holding pen. He’s lying down. He looks… graying, weakened.
Laffer: Captain! Let me out!! She’s holding me in here to torture me!!
Veronica is sitting there with the back of a pen in her mouth, slowly contemplating on what to write next. She’s ignoring Laffer completely.

5p7: Did some quick errands. Wrote the rest of the hour.

Veronica: Ah, Captain, Lieutenant. Please have a seat, I’ve been meaning to discuss this with you. Close the door behind you.
I close the door and take a seat.
Veronica: Laffer’s infection level has increased. He has not been responding well to treatments.
Captain: Have you been using the chemotherapy?
Veronica: …Yes, but the infection is continuing to progress.
Isabel: It’s costing us a lot of resources to keep him alive. I recommend we terminate him.
Captain: Lieutenant?!
Isabel: He has never filled our work quotas. Each crewmember is expected to put in work, considering that we are all supporting one another. This Laffer individual has continuously refused to do so, drinking alcohol and putting in as little effort as possible. We are supporting him, entirely. I see no reason to extend patience to him any longer. My advisement: End him.
//Excellent assessment, Lieutenant.
Isabel: Thank you for the recognition, Captain.
//That’s going too far, Lieutenant.
Captain: I’m not going to condone the killing of our own men. There has to be an alternative. We should at least give him a gun and send him out on his own.

6p8: Wrote.

Veronica: I have a better suggestion. We should keep him in quarantine. I’ll stop treatment. We should… allow the infection to complete. I need a live subject to observe. I’ve been using only cadavers before. This is the first chance I’ve been able to fully observe the infection, and the observations could lead to a cure.
Isabel: An excellent solution. Perhaps Mr. Laffer can help us after all, posthumously. It is ultimately your decision, Captain.
//story 4 check 2
//Let Veronica have Laffer.
Captain: You can have Laffer.
Veronica: Thank you Captain. I’ll need to keep him sedated so that he doesn’t disturb any of the crew. I suspect his passing will be violent.
Isabel: And you’ll have our utmost secrecy.
//Order Veronica to treat Laffer.
Captain: His death will be on my conscience. We could give up on him, but where do we draw the line? And what does it say about us? Laffer is not only an individual, he’s one of us: A survivor. If he’s not willing to work, then we’re to blame as well. Laffer didn’t just fail us, we failed Laffer. What does it say about us, if we can’t believe in Laffer, that we can’t even believe in ourselves?
Captain: No. We’re going to help our own. We don’t leave anybody behind.
Isabel: Very well spoken, Captain. I admire your resolve. I shall redouble my efforts to discipline our workers. I am in agreement with the Captain!
Captain: Carry on.
//story 4 check 2 end
Hmm? I thought I heard something.
//story 4 check 3
//Test your instincts.
Pass: I heard someone listening in on our conversation. I notice the source, from the left wall. I glance to Isabel and wink at her in morse code.
Captain: Seen any new movies lately, Doctor?
Veronica: Umm.. Space Horn 7?...
I-n-t-r-u-d-e-r-L-e-f-t-W-a-l-l
Isabel nods her head and slowly gets out of the chair. Moments later, Isabel tosses Elaine into the room.
Captain: A curious rat?
Elaine: Sorry sir!
Isabel: Who put you up to this!?
Captain: Now, Lieutenant, she’s one of our own. Now…explain.
Elaine: I was just wondering what would happen to my friend Laffer. Please don’t hurt me.
Veronica: We can’t have word of this getting out, it would destabilize the crew.
Elaine: Ohh no!
Isabel: What sort of punishment would you like to inflict, Captain?
//story 4 check 3 subcheck 1
//Go easy on her.
Isabel: As you say, sir.
Elaine: Whew!
Isabel: You’re still being punished!
Isabel drags Elaine out of the room.
//I’m not in charge of punishment. I’ll leave it to you.
Isabel: Hehehehe guuud.
Isabel produces a snarl.
Elaine: Nooo!
Isabel: If you don’t keep your voice down, I’ll be happy to add further detention duration.
//story 4 check 3 subcheck end

7p9: Jogged, purchased groceries, ran back. Did a few other exercises before feeling faint and stopped at the tip of the hour.

8p10: Ate some, cleaned the room a little, let friend into house.

9p11: Finished my meal, did some work on StellaGunPose

10p12 worked moderately on stella

11p13- Laid on bed from stomach ache, watching TV, asked friend to leave.

11:30p14- Slept


AD3 unrelated productivity- 4 hours
AD3 productivity- 8 hours
Laziness- 1.5 h

Review: I can do better than this. I ended up writing 2000 words... If I didn't get abnormally tired at the end, I could have wrote more. The whole part about me flipping out over losing a receipt didn't help either. Just unfortunate circumstances I guess, the effort was all there.

B.

1 comment:

  1. The hero can breastfeed off all of the women instead!

    ReplyDelete