Friday, November 8, 2013

11/8

2p0- Slept a lot, probably 11 hours.
3p1- Internetted.
4p2- Jogged to the market and carried back a large tin can of Ovaltine. Internetted some more, shot the shit with Mr. Ballah, the Ice Cream Man, friend came over.
5p3- Performed maintenance on air filter unit. Worked on ElaineGunPose for about half an hour.
6p4- Consumed Sandwich. Worked on ElaineGunPose. Done soonish.
7p5- Worked.
8p6- Finished ElaineGunPose, time for exercising
9p7- Worked out.
10p8- Ate. Flung some ideas around for the Character Creation screen.
11p9- Working on some tech issues.
12a10- Spent a good hour and a half or so taking a stab at my own font for AD3. The font in question had to be that of a typewriter, but I was unable to operate the font software proficiently. I could either purchase a license for someone else's font, make my own, or just use boring arial, the latter of which I've elected to do. I don't have enough time to figure out how, so I'll just focus on something else. I'm now focusing on the Captain's redesign. I am unpleased with his current design. I've sketched up a new design in the past, so I'll be using that.
2a12- Spent the last two hours apparently taking a break.
5a12?- Took a three hour nap. I am unsure if it was productive sleep.
6a13- Did a few wakey things and got to writing Zoe's story. From now on, I'll spend the last few hours of the day writing, as it's the easiest task.
7a14- Wrote for Zoe.

STORY 2
Express to the player that they’re about to embark on a trek to find the Mess Hall and any traces of Zoe’s boyfriend.
Captain: Zoe, we’re near the Mess Hall. Let’s slip out soon and see if we can find out what happened to Jake.

Zoe: Thank you for doing this.
//Choice open
A// Anything for you.
I don’t think it’s well worded because it seems sarcastic, but I’m just going to have to put effort into never making the Captain sarcastic to ensure that the player never feels this gimped. It seems forward of the Captain to say this, like if he’s saying it because he wants her to be able to depend on him, which is the most honest answer he can give her, even if creepy. Given that Zoe is dependent on the Captain’s abilities and that there are few people she trusts, this assurance, even in jest, is probably very soothing to her.
+4 Reaction
Captain: Anything for you.
Zoe:  Thanks, I owe you one.
Kind’ve a fourth wall humor that tells the player he should’ve picked the other choice, haha.

Zoe looks me in the eye briefly, before turning quickly away and checking her gear.
B// Don’t forget this, you owe me one (smiles).
This is a very forward statement. The statement forces Zoe to feel indebted to the Captain. Zoe is someone that wants to be owned. She is used to Jake telling her what to do. Zoe is dependent on the Captain in a submissive way not unlike Jake, but Zoe could easily tell if this feeling is too close to cheating. People expect favors to be returned from their peers, but not from their spouses who do things for free. At first, I thought this statement was going to give the worst response from Zoe, but the more I reason with it, it probably gives the most satisfactory result. Let’s start with a little confusion from being so confrontational (as she’s not entirely collected or organized in the beginning) , followed by affirmation.
+5 Reaction
Zoe: Oh. Yeah, umm… Sure, you name it. This will really clear my head.
Zoe looks downward and away while smiling with one brow raised. It’s clear that she’s wondering what kind of favor she owes me.
C//No problemo.
This statement is dismissive. It affirms that he hears her and “likes” the comment but has little else to say about it. For being an entirely safe option, we can reward this statement with neutrality.
+3 Reaction
Zoe smiles at me with general enthusiasm.
//Choice close
I need to include an agility check in this next part, which is pretty stealthy. Remember, Zoe and Captain are always sneaky sneaky.
I put Isabel in charge earlier. Zoe and I walk through the hallways that only get darker and slimier. We come across a heavy vine of impeding alien wax. I grab the vine with one arm and gesture her to pass with the other.
Captain: After you.
The Captain is always a gentleman, except when he’s thinking with his penis. I’m tempted to write down how he is, but I’ll follow the rule of Don’t Say, Do. Let’s not forget we’re going to do this “vine” thing for every female survivor in the game, so it’ll be interesting to see how they all react to the same sit. Jake by contrast is not as chivalrous, so deep inside she doesn’t require chivalry because she never had it from the Jake. By admitting that she doesn’t require chivalry, it only affirms a possible future relationship with the Cap. Oh yeah, she has history with the Captain.
Zoe: Um, thanks. (scoffs) You don’t need to do that. Since when were you such a gentleman?
Captain: I grew up.
8a15- Worked on Zoe's Story


I take point. We head deeper towards the Mess Hall. Jake was last known to be in the locker rooms nearby. That’s where the bachelor party was. Ground Zero. Zoe scurries about with precision. She had never been formally trained with a handgun, but she was a gun enthusiast at the least. I’m sure Jake passed down a few tricks to her. She sweeps corners…how can I say? Like she’s in the movies.
Kinda weird how he can describe her even though he’s on point, but oh well.I spot a zombie walking down the hallway. He’s not facing us. I don’t shoot. I motion to Zoe that there’s a zombie there and to keep an eye on him. She turns the corner and lines up her sights. I sneak to the mess hall double doors and press on the large door handle bars. The door bar squeaks lightly. I keep my back to the zombie outside. He didn’t notice me, because Zoe would have shot him. I slide an empty carton of milk into the door frame so that Zoe doesn’t have to open the door.
Inside the mess hall, there’s a zombie. There’s a lot of trash on the floor. Not sure if I can get through the mess hall without him seeing me.  I’ll deal with him after Zoe’s in here. I hide behind a trashcan and wait for Zoe to catch up. As Zoe walks through the doors, the carton dislodges and the door gives off a loud shutting. Zoe rolls forward into all the trash and then slides under a long cafeteria table. I wonder if she’s comfy getting dirty. A banana peel down the cleavage hatch would probably be OK, but what about something more grotesque? I hear Zoe rustling dank paper. Not good.
The zombie shambles towards her position. I signal her to stay put. Zoe nods from beneath the table and trains her gun on the zombie’s legs. I mentally take a deep breath and follow the zombie. I’m a distance behind him now.  The zombie slowly crouches down to find his intruder. Now’s my chance.
//Sneak up to the Zombie and perform CQC.
Agility check 35
//Pass
The zombie sticks his neck down and slowly turns his head towards Zoe like an action figure. I sneak up behind him and he doesn’t hear a thing before I stomp his head into the floor. Gasses expel from the face. Stomp again. I feel the texture of a round skull separating apart underneath my boot. Stomp again, this time I hear the cafeteria tile shatter. 

 9a16- Worked on Zoe's Story
I extend an arm to Zoe as she climbs out. She pushes her magnum against the floor for support. That, or she doesn’t like touching anything in here, she’s kind of a wet cat right now.  She grabs my hand and breathes a sigh of disgust.
One large, wet, “Supreme Hutt Burrito” wrapper clings across her chest. My left hand twitches to peel it away, but I restrain myself. Kind of humorous, but need to establish that the Captain is always at odds with his perversion and chivalry. Zoe peels it away to expose her treasured ample cleavage. No nipples showing, but plenty of skin. She gently applies two fingers to her top and pulls it back up hastily, kind of like an angry old neighbor shutting her curtains on you in disgust.
Zoe: Thanks… Oh. Good job.
Zoe stood over the zombie and his splattered head.
Zoe: That was beautiful. The way his face was aghast as you rhythmically put all your weight on him… His eyes… He just wanted to look at me, just once, but you stopped him.
Captain: True dat. Let’s move.  
//Fail
+0 Reaction
I step on a can that rolls off my boot. The can bounces off the zombie. Whoops. The zombie turns towards me and lunges for my feet. Zoe takes a shot and dislodges the zombie’s right knee. The zombie grabs me by the feet, and I lose my balance. I fall to my knees, and land my knee on top of the zombie’s ear. I hold down his head with my knee and proceed to bash in his crown with the butt of my gun. Each bash satisfies a violent instinct in me. The undead unlifelessly lets go of me, so I stand up to see his face, his eyes all popped out like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect for this Zed. Good thing I didn’t say this out loud. (Not sure if this humor works.)
I didn’t notice Zoe before, but she’s gotten up and she’s ready to move on. I nod to her.
//Check end.
We walk past the kitchen, back into the hallway, and into the locker room. Slowly. Carefully. No incident.
There’s a corpse sitting against the shower wall receiving a drizzle from the shower head. He’s not moving. We search the room for any zombies, and there aren’t any. I flick the switch to turn on the room’s electronics. The lockers give off a low hum, as the interior locker lights illuminate the room with a bluish hue. Looks kind of like a big glowing computer tower. The locks don’t require fingerprint analysis, but they do log entry times and allow for administrative control.
I'll try sleeping now. Apart from my unwanted two hour break, I worked relatively well today. I felt relatively refreshed the entire day, but I regret not taking on tougher assignments. This was due to the fact that I allowed my friend entry at a relatively early part of the day. Next time, I won't let him in until 7 at the earliest.
Writing felt good. I attribute this to being what G.R.R.Martin describes as being an architect writer. I've written mostly all the major plot synopses and world details before writing out the actual story, so when time comes late at night when I actually need to write the thing, it flows relatively easily.

Self Assessment Report for today is a B. Yesterday I remember was pretty lousy, but was not a complete waste, so I'll give that day a D.

7 comments:

  1. i love that you are now updating us each day, do you still have an estimated completion time of jan 2014?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be an optical illusion, but Elaine's right thigh/butt looks a little bigger than her left side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll disagree. The thigh+butt is wider at that perspective than a frontal view of the thigh. At least hentai butts are. It is bigger, but it is meant to be. I welcome further discourse.

      Delete
    2. Before reading further, please understand that this is just what I "feel" about the pose. I don't major in art, so don't take this to heart.

      Yes, I agree that the perspective when viewing the thigh/butt from the side is different when viewed frontal.

      But when she is drawn like this, the right leg's thigh is the only part which appears bigger instead of her butt.
      From this angle, the butt should still be barely visible.
      What we are seeing is still mostly the thigh.
      The butt should be further back and higher.

      So when I compare her left and right thigh, it feels like the right side is larger than her left. If her left leg's thigh were slightly bigger, than it looks more balanced.

      If I were to literally chop off her right leg off, the pose looks more natural.

      Alternatively, if I removed her left leg, she ends up looking a little unbalanced.

      ...
      I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
      Does that make any sense to you?

      Delete