Thursday, November 21, 2013

11/21 Caffeine Detox Day 5

8:40a0- Woke up. 8h of sleep.
10a1- Ate. Showered.
11a2- Watched too much tv
12p3- More TV. Feeling tired. Gee, if only I had some sort of solution to keep myself awake...
2p4- Woke up, was struggling to get to work.
3p5- Finally started working, putting in a good hour.
4p6- Did pretty alright this hour...
5p7- Working slow... Eugh. Alright, time to pick it up here.
6p8- I was working pretty slowly this hour. I'm gonna call it for the night. I've been working non-stop with no fun for such a long time. My dopamine levels are too damn low. Working shouldn't be a struggle, it should be fun. Or more fun then it is right now; and even as I do these reserved easy tasks... fuck it, I'm getting back to work.
7p9- Slow and steady.
8p10- Rechecked my scheduling on parts of the game. Downloaded a Chrome app called StayFocused which will allow me to bar myself entry from various websites. I'm switching things up.  For the next 9 days while the detox is still in effect (I'm unsure of the actual duration), I'm going to be working on story.
9p11- Worked on synopsis detail for Veronica.
10p12- Good hour working on Veronica's synopsis detail, significant process.
11p13- I'll start pasting story bits.

Veronica 1:
I give a quick knock on Veronica’s makeshift office.
Captain: Good morning. You wanted to see me, Doctor?
Veronica:  Uh….huh? Oh, Captain.
She’s fading in and out…
Veronica: Captain… I was just resting my eyes.  I’m quite the busy girl around here. Finding a cure for an alien infection and keeping everyone’s arms attached might be too much for me to handle.
Captain: You’re understaffed. I can’t have my chief medical officer being restless. I’ll assign more personnel to your station. Hmm… how does Stella sound?
Veronica: It wouldn’t be a good fit. I’ve actually been enjoying Stella’s company on breaks. She doesn’t like to see her hands dipped in blood. Too scared. I showed her a bone saw once. Good way to end a conversation.
Captain: It always warms me to see my subordinates getting along. What’ve the two of you been talking about?
Veronica: Mmm… America. I have a few fond memories of visiting it when I was a child, back when I lived on Mars.
Captain: I’ve never been to Mars. What’s it like?
Veronica: Life on Mars? It’s its own country. The rent’s cheap. It’s more of a Fourth World Country. Or fourth planet country. Developing like a third world, but taxes low enough to make anybody as rich as a first world citizen.
//Did you enjoy the solitude?
Veronica: Mmm… I do enjoy curling up to a good book by my lonesome, or with Cheshire.
Captain: Your cat? What’s with the namesake?
Veronica: I named him a few years after I got him. Cheshire was always causing trouble around the house. The Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland was devious and mischievous, but eventually aids Alice in the end.
Captain: And did your cat help you in the end?
Veronica: Not really, but he was my friend.
//Did you make a lot of friends?
V: Mars is kind of a wasteland. I couldn’t ever go outside, so it was always a rainy day inside for me. I read a lot back then.
//End
Captain: Tell me about our medical supply inventory, Doctor.
Veronica: We’ve got a limited supply of limb and organ replacement tubs. I’d say around eight each. We’ll want to save that for any critical injuries or infections. We’ll have to stick to more… classic methods of medicine otherwise. We’ll need to create splints, bandages, and antibacterial regimens.
Captain: Alright, I’ll try not to send too many limbless survivors your way.
Veronica: I wanted to talk to you about finding a cure for the alien infection. Right now I’m at the part where I’m trying to figure out how the infection works. The so called “Zombies” are humans that are infected with an alien symbiote of pathogens known that I’m calling the Iacchan Cells. Iacchan Cells takes control over the host's body, receives sensory input from the human, and relays it to another being.Captain: They’re being telepathically controlled? By what?
Veronica: I’m unsure. I’ll need to build a better database. If we could stop by the morgue, I could collect some instruments in order to better observe them. It’s a first step towards a cure.
//A I’ll run it by Isabel and see what she thinks.
Veronica: Isabel? She’s too uptight. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her relax…
Captain: Will that be a problem?
Veronica: No. I’m sure she respects my opinion very much; I take good care of her soldiers.
//B I’ll see if we can fit it into our course.
Veronica: Thank you, Captain. 

Day ended 3 hours early. It was a very frustrating day, the worst day this month where I let my frustrations get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment