Sunday, November 17, 2013

11/17 Caffeine Detox Day 1

12:20p0- I'm awake after 4 hours of sleep. I feel fine though... I think. It could be a sign that I am shifting into a biphasic sleep cycle. When my body wants to sleep, I just let it sleep and don't get in the way. One of the good perks of being a shut-in.

1p1- Consumed sandwich. Internetted.

2p2- Worked some...internetted some.. used netipot. In an effort to make better habits, today I will be carrying out a bell system. No more deciding whether or not to do something, I will simply require myself to do it, kinda like the bell systems at school. It seems... odd that I'm posting this on the blog, but eh, commitment is a strength.  Here's the plan:  p4: Exercise. p7: House management, dust cleaning. p11: Shower.

3p3- Finished using neti pot. Focused efforts on recruitment. Sent out an email to an animator with similar style.

4p4- Worked on hentai. And now, I have decided something drastic. I have been limiting my caffeine intake to much lower levels over the past few weeks. As President of Hentaicook Games, I hereby declare a...

WAR ON CAFFEINE!!

I have been struggling with caffeine dependency issues for approximately 9 years. Here are the challenges I will face: (copy pasta'd)





  • Headache – (often described as being gradual in development and diffuse, and sometimes throbbing and severe)
  • Fatigue -- (e.g., fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, sluggishness)
  • Sleepiness/drowsiness -- (e.g., sleepy, drowsy, yawning)
  • Difficulty concentrating -- (e.g., muzzy)
  • Work difficulty -- (e.g., decreased motivation for tasks/work)
  • Irritability -- (e.g., irritable, cross, miserable, decreased well-being/contentedness)
  • Depression -- (e.g., depressed mood)
  • Anxiety -- (e.g., anxious, nervous)
  • Flu-like symptoms -- (e.g., nausea/vomiting, muscle aches/stiffness, hot and cold spells, heavy feelings in arms or legs)
  • Impairment in psychomotor, vigilance and cognitive performances
  • The withdrawal symptoms have been observed to take place from a few days to a week (I suspect I'm somewhere in the middle of the scale). Hopefully, I will have the willpower to document this war. On New Year's, I wanted to quit video games, and for the most part I only game about an hour a day now. Caffeine seems easier to kick to me, if all I have to do is a half a week of detox. I am more prepared than ever for this shit; Let's do this.

    5:20p5- Despite the new bell procedure, I worked for an additional 15 minutes on hentai. Ran to market and purchased 1 gallon of milk, 1 toothpaste tube. Returned home with large milk dumbell. Ran to farther market, saw young blonde beggar woman standing in the street. She seemed attractive. Unsurprisingly, men fell for her lure as they gave her money. I hear those spangers make more than minimum wage. My ex's sisters sure did. Saw bake donation drive for Alpha Epsilion high school club. Consumed free small chocolate cupcake before realizing it probably contained toxic levels of caffeine. (rolls eyes) I will strike it from the record. Purchased bananas. As the club was packing up for the night, I exchanged two dollars for a whole tray of rice krispies treats. I was so profoundly excited over my ingenuity, I had inexpensive cereal and milk to go along with it to last for several days. Spotted male relighting candles honoring a late teenager who had crossed the curb too early and perished. Offered male a rice krispies treat. He accepted and blessed me on behalf of his God. Offered rice krispies treat to beggar woman. She did not accept. Dragged male home and tied him up before he could awaken from rohypnol.

    6p6- Talked to internet friend for awhile, did a few exercises to finish up the short hour.

    7p7-
    Worked well on TerraBikini after consumption of light meal. Feeling lightheaded, which probably leads to irritation. Posted sticky note on computer "DIE COCA COLA DIE" in order to bring out the tough guy in me. Consumed Salad.

    8p8- Worked very good, albeit on easy tasks. Feeling tired though. Nap time.

    9p9- Attempt to sleep and make up for the shoddy 4h last night have failed. I am sleepy but unable to sleep. I want to drink coca cola; I want to kiss and make up with it. No. I will now perform maintenance duties on the house.

    10p10- Cleaned room. Been two months since I've seen any ants, so I removed the talc moat surrounding the perimeter of the room table. Feather dusted room.

    11p11- Ex messaged me. Took a long shower to think about it. Messaged her back when I got out. Feast time. Ovaltine (Caffeine free bitches), sandwich, banana.

    3:45a11- Yesss... Eggcellent nappage. The biphasic transformation is comprete.... I guess this means I will be cranky in the morning twice a day, at a 50% crankiness level.

    5a12- Ate cereal... Worked a little.  Damn I'm tired. When I wasn't even working I was tired. It shouldn't be this bad, but I guess this is normal detox. I need another nap.

    9a12- Woke up after yet another lengthy and necessary sleep. I do recall reading that this happened to someone else when they were detoxing. Adds up to 12 hours of sleep today.  It's not like how you sleep 12 hours and say "I slept so much", the 12 hours felt entirely necessary.

    10a13- Briefed new animator on things. Preparing folder with references. Ate chicken bowl and worked at the same time. It was a good hour, but not difficult.

    11a14- Still preparing folder with references...

    12p15- And finally I'm finished briefing him. There's a lot of files I had to compile for him, like different faces and how things should look, little inserts like to go to http://japaneseemoticons.net/ to get Elaine's hat emoticons... He said he wasn't very good at creating original faces so I had to be as thorough as possible.

    I'm very awake and plan on continuing to work, but today has ended (24 hours). A self assessment and new post is required.

    Self Assessment-
    Productive but not AD3 related work: 6 hours
    AD3 Related Work: 7 hours
    Laziness: 1 hour.
    Failed attempt to sleep: 1 hour.

    Report: The first detox day was not exactly difficult. I was able to compensate for my waning ability to keep my eyes open by concentrating on easy tasks. I did experience some symptoms as described in symptom withdrawal; slight headache, fatigue, definite sleepiness, and inability to concentrate. I only had one hour of laziness, but it's a lot easier to not be lazy when you're sleeping through the entire day. I can only imagine how much worse this day could have gone, had I not been so disciplined. Given the circumstances, I'm inclined to give myself a good grade.  A.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment